Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Hay Roger Menke

Old 09-11-2007, 04:50 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Hay Roger Menke

Roger, can't be working on other peoples planes for A while.
I call this shot {The Only Tree In the Forest}
Gene
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	By76449.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	761234  
Old 09-11-2007, 04:57 PM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Hay Roger Menke

LOL

I love it!!!!
Old 09-11-2007, 05:07 PM
Gray Beard

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

It only proves that if it can happen I will be the one to make it happen.
Gene
Old 09-11-2007, 06:50 PM
SPEED JUNKIE
My Feedback: (14)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

If everyone was on 2.4 that would have been avoided because it was not needed![X(]
But, since the obstruction could no longer be hit because it isn't there what's to stop him from hitting himself!
Sorry about your mishap![:@]
Been there done that and on to the next one![:-]
Rev on my Brothers!

SJ
Old 09-11-2007, 08:28 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Guys:

Only Gene could do something like this with the exception of myself. What is not being told is that he is a recent LasVagas newby. As such, he spends most nights in the clubs watching those scanty to nothing show girlies and drinking hard stuff. When you spend so much time with the majority of your blood below your beltline, rather than your upper head, your thinking process is damaged. I rest my case, amen.

Anyway Gene, not going to replace my big Yak 54 with a same size airframe. Am going with a AJ Extra 330L-E which is 50" for the simple ease of transportation and flying. Supposed to fly like a 40%, we will see. Yes, will get some top of the line li-po chargers. Am getting so lazy in my old age, don't even want to go through the hastle of starting the engine, unless its a Jett in a racer, then the juces start to flow. Would even build a legal 424, or whatever, just to harass Daven and some of the other guys, but they won't give me a reasonable handicap. You would think I was Fred Burgdorf in disguise. Time is running out in order to build something, break in a good engine and practice enough around a 3 pylon course not to be a hazzard. Guess they are just not going to let a poor old gieser have his last dream of glory and have just a little chanch. Snivel, Snivel, Snivel. ENJOY Rog
Old 09-11-2007, 09:16 PM
Gray Beard

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

And I have to go to the hobby shop tomorrow, that's A good thing, great shop and the bar is just three blocks down. They serve A pretty good lunch too.
I ran out of big planes right now but have started building A 91 inch Hots for myself and A mule kicking racer for the Bud man. I call it the Budt Kicker so look out next season. If this little guy will hold together you will have A race on your hands.
I sold my 1/4 scale Extra then the next day while flying my Big Sukhoi I somehow forgot to pull out that long shiney thing on my TX. Getting old swallows!!! Anyway, other then my Big Bipe I'm down to the little planes.
Can't blame you for the size thing and I'm with you 100% on the Extra. Go too big and you will end up like Lenney and I haven't got anyplace to put A trailer.
And I leave you folks that are about to be winter shut ins soon with A photo of A morning on the dry lake.
Gene
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47293.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	761353  
Old 09-11-2007, 11:52 PM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

For some reason I still smell a sheep in wolves clothing

Don't try and fool me with old age and bad eye sight.....
Old 09-12-2007, 07:32 AM
Gray Beard

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Dave, anyone that falls for that line is A fool. I have been hearing it for over 10 years. The eye sight may be A bit worse then it was but Rog just started flying closer and faster to compensate. He can still sucker the younger guys with that line then chew them up in A fun fly or race. Only gets away with it once though.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:19 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Now that takes some damn good aim !
Old 09-13-2007, 09:03 PM
rmenke

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Gene:

Me thinks you are drinking something a little more than you can handle. Buddude 8 is up to a challange from most except maby tretcherous old guys unnamed for safety reasons. If you are getting fisty (not recommended) best you find one of the new Nelson LS engines that is very exceptional and stick it in a cut down Q-500 good for 200 plus. Then "IF" you ca keep up with the thing, you have a racers slim slim chance. Ain't nothing in the valley that can keep up with the current version of "Yellow Jacket", cheeter Jett 60LX powered. Not bragging, crowing, or anything like that, just the facts, Jack. ENJOY
Old 09-13-2007, 09:50 PM
Gray Beard

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

This one is all Buds. He just told me to go A bit nuts, more then normal. I don't have the nerve to even maiden this thing. Are wings required??? I have never built anything that has come apart in flight yet, this could be the one!
I'm not drinking, just hanging out at my local swimming pool watching all the really hot 60 and 70 year old babes. Think I'm going as blind as you!
Old 09-13-2007, 10:51 PM
rmenke

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Gene: You Blabermouth!!!!!

In reality, the ability to sneak up on a nationally rated pilot like Dave went way way away too many years ago. With close equipment and the exceptional occasional "on" day, maby be able to stay close. The great fun would be in the "trying sir". The wonderful thing about racing is that you always have a chance. It may be slim to none, but a chance. So, say I send ya a copy of the birth cirtificate and Dr.'s report to verrify what I claim. Will buy dinner! How does a 3 seconds handicap sound. Hummmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 09-14-2007, 11:19 AM
Gray Beard

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You act as though I would be the one piloting A race plane. As you can see by the photo above my reaction time is A bit lacking. I can't even remember where I'm standing from moment to moment.
My one burning question though is, How are you doing against Chuck with his sleeper K&B.
I won't be driving back to Ca. if I can help it but if you come out here and your poor old eyes could take it I do know where we could find A couple of nuddie bars. I personally haven't been in one but I could probably be talked into it. The old farts that come over to my shop these days won't even kick back and drink A beer and talk airplanes. For A place that is supposed to be A wild town everyone I know is so square they have corners. [>:]
I could even show you the plans of A plane I think would be way beyond A perfect racer, just has to be scratch built though and with one of those high dollar Jetts it could be A killer.
Gene
Old 09-14-2007, 01:57 PM
rmenke

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well, seams you need a little practice from what I see in the picture. Basically you are still flying rudder only, don't think thats gonna hack it. As to Chuckee, he actually beat me last year in our fast open class, by one point yet. Went into the last race 11 points down and somehow made up 11 + 1 for 12. No one can account for the outcome when there are only 3 races, and we finished 1-2 , one point seperation each race when he won 2 and I was down to one win, so 2 points possibly earned. But since he has not won in the past 4 years I did not squak. What it did is tick me off and drive me toward improving my race plane that had dominated for so many years. So, lots of balsa dust flew last winter. How am I doing? Well, I feel bad when I don't lap the field. Could do better if I did not see two airplanes coming around the pylon for each actually there. Is ok until there are three or more to sort out. Fun part is flying the same airframe, bashed Hobbico Avistar. I'm Webra 55 powered, afraid the Jett 60 would pull the tail off. Webra is doing the job well, got 5-10 mph on him. Very nice part is I updated the "Yellow Jacket" from a low wing 35 power to a high wing 60 powered puppy. It sits in reserve at the races out in the open. Even Chuck says its the fastest thing he has ever seen. Do not have it grovilng yet and seldom risk a flight. This one is version II, version I was simply too fast for me to keep up with. Version II is designed to be user friendly, a fat fuse that will hold 120z of fuel, has tailwheel and 500sq in. wing, vs 400 on version I. I can crank it up, watch the guys run for the fence or shack, needle and then idle down, set it down and taxi out for takeoff like a sport plane. At 3.8 pounds, will actually hover with the Jett 60LX. Lands like a fast kayos. Can actually get it on the ground with no bouncy bouncy bouncy stuff. Sort of like this bird. You could call it the ultimate cheeter quickee.

Missed the Tuson season opeaner last year due to being on the last part of kemo therapy following the ratiation crap. One shot was harmone tharapy. Dr. said imagine your wife's worst PMS, and thats gonna be you X 10 for a while so be carefull. Imagine sweet, kind, helpfull, lovable me as one nasty SOB. Hard to explain to the family why I kicked the dog every time I walked by. Stupid enough to jump on a gorilla if it growled at me. Very strange to be inside continual anger. Almost got into it wih our X Navy Seal buddy Terry Hayes. Would have been very bloody, probably all mine.

What I am honestly up to is to insure a trip to Tuson in 08 and meet some of the great characters we have met and chat with on the web. People like Davd Norman, D Jett, Bob Brazil, Speed Junkie, Freeking Fast and a host of others that may attend. How better than a little challange to a old racer, maby better said as a old dumb racer who has yet to learn humility. So, get a little grudge race going at least in concept. So, Roger do you really think you could beat Norman? Heck no, but would be a ball trying, and maby with a little handicap? Am sure we can crank up Buddude 8, and maby brother to attend and run among others. Raceing better than sex for those guys. You could be my caller if you wern't so darned blind and uncoordinated. Maby beer boy? ENJOY