Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

FiberGlass'n and Painting a Patriot

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

FiberGlass'n and Painting a Patriot

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2003, 01:13 PM
Rubbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FiberGlass'n and Painting a Patriot

I have a half built Patirot on the workbench and I am considering Glassing it and painting it. I know it will probably come out heavier than mono-cote. I am sure someone has done this? Any suggestions? Should I even bother? I don't mind it being a little heavier as I am going to try and get use to higher wing loading airplanes to move to DF. Plus I have learned that I am better with the air brush than with the covering iron, anyway that is the method behind my madness. let me know what you think.
Old 03-14-2003, 05:22 PM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

Default Hmm

I heard something about this awhile back- try a search...

If you use .75 oz. glass and you go real thin with the Z-Poxy (or whatever you use..) it should not be too bad-

What engine are you gonna use?

james
Old 03-16-2003, 04:09 PM
Rubbie

Default Engine

Razor....

Thanks for the help I'll do a search for it. I was planning for a MVVS .49 to start then move to and Enya .80 or MVVS .77 or just start with the .77 (with an 11x10) i'll probably have to add weight to the tail. With the exchange rate the way it is I can't justfy a Jett engine.
Old 03-20-2003, 01:51 AM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

Default Wow-

The MVVS 77 is pretty big for the Patriot- might take some work stuffing it on there...

Are you sure the bigger displacement is the way to go? It seems like a YS-45 w/tuned pipe would be more RPM's vs weight- also a Rossi 45 or 53 would turn some RRR's

Best of luck and keep us posted!