Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

prop jet

Old 11-27-2006, 08:50 PM
fighterpilot1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default prop jet

Is there anyone out there how has a Vmar prop jet that would buy another one.
Built Strong flys good OR is it junk and you would never get another one If you would buy another one
What one would it be?
I am looking into another prop jet, and cant make up my mind
already have cermark f-16, patriot Xl,phoenix f20,WESTON MAGNUM R.
I was also thinking about the juno f-20. hOW IS THAT TO BUILD?
any INPUT WOULD BE GREAT
Old 11-27-2006, 09:24 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: prop jet

[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif] You already own the top of the line. If you want a "beater," I guess it would be okay. The front end appearence on those Vmars just don't work for me. Theres no excuse to design them that way. The Juno is a very nice plane. I've had mine for several years. If I ever consider another in that size, I'd like to try out the Jett 60lx in that thing
Old 11-27-2006, 09:37 PM
phjoker
My Feedback: (4)

I am also wondering about the Juno F-20 and F18
Old 11-27-2006, 09:53 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am getting ready to buy a couple of Juno's kits. Two F-20s and a Hornet. The price is too hard to pass up.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:00 AM
HaveBlue

I have both the F20 and the FA 18 from Juno, though I havent built either, the kits are a very good quality, I have read the manuals and studied the plans ..they both appear to be a straight forward build.. the wood quality is good but you wont find hardware such as hinges , push rods, engine mounts etc.. this is left up to the individual's preference to use their own selection.though some recommendations are made...both come with fixed gear but both plans and instructions cater for retract installation..

which ever you choose I dont think you'd be dissapointed
Old 11-28-2006, 08:52 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Both the Juno F-20 and F-18 are outstanding kits - well made - some model skill involved in the build, but nothing complex. Both fly extremely well too.

If you enjoyed the Patriot XL build , these kits will be perfect for you.

Bob
Old 11-28-2006, 12:51 PM
be213
My Feedback: (1)

I'm in the process of building a Juno F/A-18. Nice kit, going together well, but as Bob says, you need some building skills for this one. Nothing hard or unusual but all you get is a box of balsa wood, 2 huge plans and an instruction manual that doesn't have a lot of pictures but is clear and detailed enough to guide you through the build. Just make sure to read ahead in the instruction manual and study the plans before you do anything to make sure you are clear on the step you are working on. Not a kit you want to work on if you are tired and/or distracted. Most of the wood is very good, there was one wing sheeting panel that had saw marks on it and seemed a little soft but everything else is warp, twist and flaw free. There is no hardware included except for the fixed main landing gear wires, and the aileron, elevator and rudder torque rods and bearings are included even though the instructions say they are not. A good winter build and definitely worth the price in my opinion.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:26 PM
JS615

Ive got the vmar f4 f5 mig21, and they fly great, and yes i would buy another one. all three of these planes have over 75 flights on them each, and they are still going strong. i have no complaints.......[8D][8D][8D]
Old 10-05-2007, 09:07 AM
Pete328

I would never buy a vmar arf again. I had the mig 21 i will admit the plane looked good on the outside, but it flew like crap!!![:'(]. there was too much wind resistance with the droptanks and all the other stuff hanging off the wings. I took those things off of the plane and it still flew like crap. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![>:]