Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Routine for two Super Skybolts?

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Routine for two Super Skybolts?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 12:00 PM
Tjetfire94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Routine for two Super Skybolts?

I was wondering if anyone had done a routine with two skybolts in the air. My dad and I bought a Great Planes Super Skybolt ARF. We are puting the O.S. 91 2 stroke in it so it will be soaring. I was wondering if anyone had done those things like crosses, opposing loops, or formation flying with RC?

-Thanks,
TJ
Old 10-13-2007, 07:01 PM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Routine for two Super Skybolts?

ORIGINAL: Tjetfire94

I was wondering if anyone had done a routine with two skybolts in the air. My dad and I bought a Great Planes Super Skybolt ARF. We are puting the O.S. 91 2 stroke in it so it will be soaring. I was wondering if anyone had done those things like crosses, opposing loops, or formation flying with RC?

-Thanks,
TJ
Beats me. You might try asking in an aerobatics forum versus the extreme speed forum.. Skybolts don't even remotely qualify as extreme speed, OS 91 or not. But yes people have done formation RC flying, whether anyone has used Skybolts or not is another matter.

MJD
Old 11-04-2007, 02:40 PM
eaglelope

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Routine for two Super Skybolts?

Talk about coincidence! My son and I just went to a local airshow where the Iron Eagles out of Connecticut did an awesome full-scale show with a pair of Christen Eagles. The Radio Active team was also there doing an RC show with a pair of Hangar 9 46% Ultimates (opposing takeoff, loops, mirrored hammerhead stalls, etc). After seeing that, we decided to get a couple of Skybolts and have at it too! The Skybolts will probably be Christmas presents so we've got a few months to get a routine worked out.

I just happened upon this thread so let me know if you come up with any cool ideas for doing a coordinated show, TJ. I think our first objective will simply be to avoid midairs.

Mark