Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

WM Midget Mustang,prop size?

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

WM Midget Mustang,prop size?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 12:50 PM
oscar97090

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WM Midget Mustang,prop size?

Hi all,
I have had a WM Midget mustang for about 12 months now,it has a Satio 100 upfront witch runs really well,but its only been flown a handfull of times because its a night mare to land..... It comes in way to quick even tho its on low tickover,yet as soon as you cut the throttle it slows down nice,but to me its now ideal coming in dead stick.At the moment its turning a 14x8 master airscrew prop.What other prop could i try to bring it in slower?(smaller,bigger,less pitch,more pitch?) And how would this affect it in flight?
Old 11-06-2007, 11:51 PM
ClemenTang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WM Midget Mustang,prop size?

use less pitch (e.g. 15x6) but suffer loss in top speed.

Clement
Old 11-06-2007, 11:55 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: WM Midget Mustang,prop size?

A lower pitch prop will help slow the landing speed. Bear in mind that you want to shoot practice approaches 100 feet up, just to see how slow and stable your plane can fly. The best of both worlds would be to run a lower diameter/high pitch prop for blasting around, then have the prop grow in diameter and flatten out in pitch when it is time to land. Maybe you can experiment with using the ailerons like flaps, if you have that feature in your radio?