Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Thunder tiger .36?

Old 11-19-2007, 09:35 PM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Thunder tiger .36?

Has anyone run a TT .36 much. I had a brand new one mounted in a C\L combat plane that I forgot about. Decided to put the carb back on it and mount it to my Kangke F3D. I also fit a Jett muffler to it. I was thinking either an 8-8 or 8-7 prop. Any thoughts?
Old 11-19-2007, 11:14 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Thunder tiger .36?

VG:

Have F3D flying, but Webra 35/jett powered. Likes 8 X 7 as does my Jett 35. Would start with 9 X 6 as a base until you get used to the F3D, and go from there. Fun little airplane, fairly quick. Run some expo in the elevator for landing, they like to pogo unless you get the gear on the wing. Ran against one Jett 50 powered yet. Supprised me and stayed togeather under pylon loads. None the less, the Jett 35 beat that combo in a Q-500 thingy and wing cut down to 40" span. (Original Yellow Jacket) Lots of fun. Have a good time with that bird, watch landings. It will slow down fairly well so no need to stay hot. ENJOY
Old 11-19-2007, 11:44 PM
mmattockx

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

VG,

The following is a quote from Bob Brassell at Jett regarding a question I had about my TT 36Pro and the Jettstream muffler.

On the TT36, the muffler will tune for appx the same range as we find with the .46 size jett-stream. Try to target something around 17,000 rpm - or higher.

Typically, you will see a 1000-1500 rpm gain when switching from the stock muffler, depending on the prop. That engine turns an 8x8 and 9x6 fairly well, but you may want to stick with a 9x5 or 8x7 to start with. Make sure the engine is confortably in the rpm target. Then move up in prop a bit.

The muffler will work to provide good boost from between about 15,000 up to about 19,000 peak rpm very well. So you will want select props that provide that range.

Of note, always set the engine about 500-600 rpm off of peak rpm (rich) before flying. Find the ground peak, and then back the needle out a bit. When in the air, the engine will unload, gain more boost and rpm from the pipe, and it will need the additional fuel.

I hope this is helpful
Bob

HTH,
Mark
Old 11-20-2007, 12:11 AM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: rmenke

VG:

Have F3D flying, but Webra 35/jett powered. Likes 8 X 7 as does my Jett 35. Would start with 9 X 6 as a base until you get used to the F3D, and go from there. Fun little airplane, fairly quick. Run some expo in the elevator for landing, they like to pogo unless you get the gear on the wing. Ran against one Jett 50 powered yet. Supprised me and stayed togeather under pylon loads. None the less, the Jett 35 beat that combo in a Q-500 thingy and wing cut down to 40" span. (Original Yellow Jacket) Lots of fun. Have a good time with that bird, watch landings. It will slow down fairly well so no need to stay hot. ENJOY

I have actually been flying mine for about 2 years. I had an FX .25 on it and it was an absolute blast to fly. Yes, the landings are tricky and moving the gear might be something I do. I just saw that .36 sitting there and said to myself, "The Kangke would like that engine". I now have it mounted and it looks like it will be a Zoomer, Kangke day the next time I get to the field.