Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Ultra sports

Old 11-25-2007, 12:08 PM
nitro junky
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Ultra sports

Are any of you speed junkies using the Ultra Sports for one of your speed planes? If so let’s see some pic. I have my .40 size almost ready to be glassed and the .60 size not far behind it. The .40 size I am gone to use an OS .46 vx-df, but I’ am not sure what to use on the .60 size. Dose any one have any suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70284.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	811449   Click image for larger version

Name:	If10917.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	811450  
Old 11-25-2007, 12:48 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Ultra sports

Nitro:

FYI, one of the club's fastest open racers was a GP Supersportster, engine cowled in, retracts, hopped up ST 45. The Ultimate is by nature is faster. Gotta get the gear up. Motor was mounted upright. Only thing that could beat it was me on a good day with Q-500 & Jett 50, like taking a sword to a knife fight. It died trying to pass me low, low was fence high, he went 6" too low. The whole club was sad to see it go, including me.

The 60 size is a little porky as a go fast airframe, lots of drag without retracts, somewhat heavy, but can go on a diet. You need a super engine which means the king of all big scooters, the BVM 96, the OS 91VRDF as a way second choice. Piped and proped right, your talking over 24,000. If you go this route, get to the German world record guys who have lots of experience with both engines mentioned and set you up great the first time. I have the scoop on the vrdf somewhere in my arcives as well as two in the drawer waiting for a go all out project. No need for the time being as the gang is way behind the cuttent Jett 60LX powered thingy, scary fast. ENJOY
Old 11-25-2007, 12:49 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Nitro:

FYI, one of the club's fastest open racers was a GP Supersportster, engine cowled in, retracts, hopped up ST 45. The Ultimate is by nature is faster. Gotta get the gear up. Motor was mounted upright. Only thing that could beat it was me on a good day with Q-500 & Jett 50, like taking a sword to a knife fight. It died trying to pass me low, low was fence high, he went 6" too low. The whole club was sad to see it go, including me.

The 60 size is a little porky as a go fast airframe, lots of drag without retracts, somewhat heavy, but can go on a diet. You need a super engine which means the king of all big scooters, the BVM 96, the OS 91VRDF as a way second choice. Piped and proped right, your talking over 24,000. If you go this route, get to the German world record guys who have lots of experience with both engines mentioned and set you up great the first time. I have the scoop on the vrdf somewhere in my arcives as well as two in the drawer waiting for a go all out project. No need for the time being as the gang is way behind the cuttent Jett 60LX powered thingy, scary fast.

Stay with the built up front, the plastic cowel does not work well to your needs! ENJOY
Old 11-25-2007, 01:04 PM
Crazy4Flight
My Feedback: (540)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Jett 90 LX
Old 11-25-2007, 01:17 PM
evan-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The Ultrasports aren't that clean for good speed. I had a .40 size with a OS .46 and was dissapointed. My .60 had a OS 1.20, faster but not what I would call real speed...
Old 11-26-2007, 12:19 AM
Flyboy Dave
My Feedback: (21)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Crazy4Flight

Jett 90 LX

....what Crazy said.....

....mucho power....[sm=thumbup.gif]

FBD.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:49 AM
dhal22

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

hey rmenke,

any chance you could dig out the scoop on the os 91 vrdf? i have access to one, i just don't have a platform or the know how.

thx, david
Old 11-26-2007, 03:43 PM
Frasco

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Rmenke,

I tried to finfd the web siite for the GERman guys and could not.
I am interested in the info. for the BVM 91 etc.
If you could please sent the link it would be greatly appreciated.
thank you

Frasco
Old 11-26-2007, 03:56 PM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Frasco...I think this is the place he was referring to?

http://www.mfc-osnabrueck.com/
Old 11-29-2007, 10:12 PM
nitro junky
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I’m looking at the Jett engines for the .60 size. Would you guy's recommend a BSE FIRE .90LX or a BSE FIRE 1.00LX R/C. why?
Old 12-03-2007, 10:33 PM
WSJR1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I'm really leaning towards doing the same thing, same plane same goals. But I am undecided as to which kit I want to do, the Ultra sports .40 or the .60? There was another thread of someone one who is building this plane stronger but much lighter, so there may be some speed to be had there.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:11 PM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: nitro junky

I’m looking at the Jett engines for the .60 size. Would you guy's recommend a BSE FIRE .90LX or a BSE FIRE 1.00LX R/C. why?

On the ultrasport 60 ----- I would suggest just using the side exhaust version BSE-90LX engine. Much simpler installation and still a ton of performance. I would imagine you will see performance similar to what we get on the Patriot XL combination.

Performance wise, with the engine cylinder out in the breeze and the thick (Kaos) wing, the possible difference in performance by using a FIRE engine and the long pipe is minimal.

If you choose to go with the FIRE configuration, mount the engine inverted. Utilize a tail dragger configuration with main gear retracts. Construct a partial pipe tunnel through the belly pan and wing center section. This way you can partially enclose the pipe - keeps the drag down a bit. Might look nicer in the long run too

As for 90LX or 100LX ------- the 100LX operates in the same 14,500 to 15,500 rpm band, but it likes a bit more diameter (has a little more torque) Props such as 11x9, 12x6, 12x7, 12x8 work well.

Bob