Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Juno F-20

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 02:25 PM
JT Hammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Juno F-20

Anyone - what kind of a build is the Juno F-20. I was preferring an ARF for my Sport Jett .50 but this bird looks so good! The Phoenix F-20 appears interesting but doesn't turn my crank like the Juno. I understand the Juno F-20 does not come with hardware, but I assume it at least comes with fixed gear for wheels? Also. with the fixed gear and light narrow wheels, what kind of speed can I expect with the Jett .50. The Juno ad says it would be awesome with the .60 LX, but I don't have one at this time....Just wondering if this would be a satisfying bulild and experience.

JT
Old 11-25-2007, 04:25 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: Juno F-20

Hammer:

Had a Krangke F20, stuffed Jett 90 in it and expected a screamer, got average put put. If the Juno is similar with all that drag in front and rear, will be a dog unless you bash it. The gear simply must go up. We all view "fast" in relative terms to needs/wants. Fast to me is over 150-200 mph and will still turn around a pylon without strange reactions. If it can not turn well, it can not be "fast". Many of my fellow local club pilots view me as insane and anything over 75 mph as too fast. I view them as growing old before nature says you are dead. As long as you are having fun, great. ENJOY
Old 11-25-2007, 06:31 PM
JT Hammer

Menke:

I agree, the f-20 has alot of drag with those false jet ducts up front, etc. But that's what makes it look like an f-20 - ditto for f-4's and so on. I don't have to go over 150, and I've had a lot of birds go over 100 (non Jett powered), but not much over 100. So here's the question then. What can I put together that looks cool, is at least stand-off scale, and will fly a bit quicker than the above? To me a model flying 100 instead of 80, looks quick. So I figure a model going 125, is going to look, feel and sound much quicker than one going 100 - right? Or is 125 mph too slow for you to relate to in any sense - you crazy speed addict (no offense intended)!
Old 11-25-2007, 07:39 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The average guy with an Juno F20 along with a Jett 50 and retracts can get around 130mph. This is decent and impressive. The Phoenix is also a good looking build I have one that I have not finished yet (sorry vic). I installed retracts and still working onthe nose rertract (sorry again vic). Personally I would not build a peopjet without retracts. I don't know when I'll finish the darn thing. Too many distractions

Curious as to what Juno photo is turning your crank? The only F-20 on it is mine (Yellow) Has a Jett 50 along with a set of mechanical retracts. Go with a set of airs if you can. Flys great.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:58 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

It must be yellow
Old 11-25-2007, 08:09 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

just PM'd you Cyclic
Old 11-26-2007, 11:48 AM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Juno is the same as the PHX. I doubt there are too many PHX models out there anymore since they got busted for stealing Juno's design. (I think I remember that right). The Kangke aint gonna do much more than a buck 10 and really shouldn't with all that gear hanging out.
Do the Juno and follow CH's advice on the air units. A guy in my club has one that he glassed and put flaps on (great looker but a tad heavy by my count) I seem to recall him getting around 125 with a .60 LX.
The Juno kit is the prettiest F-20 out there.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:57 AM
JT Hammer

Thx guys. I thought the Pheonix f-20 was a bit larger than the Juno i.e. bigger wingspan. Also, I don't like painted canopys (just a personal thing), so I'd probably go with the Juno. You're all putting pressure on me to do the retract thing - sounds like 'air' is the way to go. I've never used retracts so it's a bit scary to think how it's all accomplished. It's hard to imagine where there's space to put the nose gear and the tank! What brand of retracts, and where best place to buy em? The opening page on Juno's web site shows the red and cream f-20; it's really nice. But I agree, yellow/black of some combination is the coolest. CH's bird is exceptional and I even thought of plagerizing it (that's a compliment), but allas, I won't!

Hammer
Old 11-27-2007, 10:38 AM
vicman

Oops, I got thinking and I told you wrong. It's Sportsman Aviation that copied the Juno model. I don't have experience with the PHX model other than flying Kmot's a while back. Come to think of it I'm not sure if his was a PHX or not. I do remember seeing some horrid elevator servo linkages for the PHX and some guys complaining about the control horn breaking...just before the rest of the plane broke.[X(]
Sorry about the confusion.

Vic
Old 11-28-2007, 11:28 PM
propjet
My Feedback: (68)

I believe that the June F-20 is the same kit previously produced by Direct Connection.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:54 AM
vicman

You would be correct.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:33 PM
fred685
My Feedback: (67)

I built a Juno F-20 for a guy last year. I never saw it fly as I sent it to him when it was done. It's a long build and the directions stink. If you are an experienced builder, you will have no trouble. Not too hard, just time consuming. I was not happy with the kit at all. The worst part was if you built the wing following the directions, you would build wash in, not wash out. That would make landing interesting. I e-mailed Juno and his response was, "I think you are right". He said the directions were left overs from when Direct Connection sold the kit. I hope the directions are changed by now. When the airplane was done, it made a very nice model and I'm sure it flies well. As for the Phoenix model, we have one in our club. It's OS powered, a 50SX if I remember. Sort of a dog. It's a good bit bigger than the Juno. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Fred
Old 12-01-2007, 01:08 PM
JT Hammer

Thx for the feedback Fred. I'm confused though. I built the Direct C F-20 a few years ago and it was a honey in all respects. Maybe something has changed. Don't think I'll take a chance now!
JT
Old 12-01-2007, 07:35 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Its the same thing, directions were weak back then too. You'll be fine. The Phoenix style is as nice as the Juno but i am not crazy about the color, so I changed it. I feel its a 60 size plane but the nose is so long and sleak that it can onlyhold around a 50 size and unless you shorten the nose a tad as i did.

Hi Vic
Old 12-01-2007, 09:40 PM
vicman

Hi Vic
Is there a camera around here or something???[X(]

No comment on the "you know what can't be easily done"

Buy the Juno Plane, you will love it!