Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Kanage F-3d

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2003, 10:08 PM
ben flyn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kanage F-3d

Anyone tried this bird with a Norvel Big Mac 25?
Any thoughts on this plane?
Old 03-31-2003, 10:29 PM
vetagator
My Feedback: (5)

Default .25 is probably underpowered

I would at least put an os .32 fx. The .25 is not gonna make it perform like it should. APC 9x6 prop to start. I have 2 of them, one with a jett .36 and one with an os .32 fx. They both fly like bats outta hell.
Old 03-31-2003, 10:35 PM
ben flyn

Default Kanage F-3d

How about an Irvine 39?
Old 04-01-2003, 11:36 PM
vetagator
My Feedback: (5)

Default ahhh yes

An irvine .39 should make it fly well. You may have to shoe horn it in. The os and the jett have the same bolt pattern and they slip right in to the built in mounts. I didn't have to modify anything.
Old 04-02-2003, 08:28 PM
flip3d

Default Kanage F-3d

a 46 fx with a tuned pipe it does 190 200
it takes some motor mount work but it halls some ass
3d in the air
Old 04-02-2003, 09:36 PM
FlyHard

Default F3D

I was looking at the construction of a Kangke F3D which had crashed and the plane is amazingly well built. The wing is carbon fiber reinforced. I had one with a OS 32SX and it screamed. With a .46FX it must be unreal.
Old 04-03-2003, 07:57 PM
SSAN

Default Re: Kanage F-3d

Originally posted by Ben Fly'n
Any thoughts on this plane?
The Kanke F3D is pretty good for the price to be had. Although, some areas do need attention and to be reinforce for strengh and durability.

Here are some recommendation if going with the bigger engine...

1. The landing gear area is not in the best place for it to be. You would need to place the gear further back or you will get many bounces on landing, and it can be done by placing it on the wing. However, if you choose to keep it there, a carbon fiber or glass reinforcement on the inside, on landing gear plate is required.

2. The nose is long and weak when a bigger engine (.40-.50) is installed. You would need to lay up some glass or carbon fiber on the inside to reinforce it. Otherwise, it will crack or break when nose over landing. Also, the wing saddle area would be better if reinforce with Kevlar fiber mat so it won't stress crack under high G's load (optional, but not reguired with smaller engine's)

3. If going with the bigger engine option, make sure to get the Electric Version as it have no firewall preinstalled so you can customize it to your engine specific (and make sure to reinforce the firewall with extra glass or carbon. If not, then go with the standard version with preinstalled engine mount that fit OS .25/32 and Jett BSE .25-.40L)

4. When mounting servos mount to the fuselage, make sure to use glue that have a little flex to it. Otherwise, the mount (glue joint) will break or crack off away from the fuselage when stress.

Other than the recommendation mentioned, this is a GREAT kit for the pilot's who is in needs of a little SPEED. As a matter of fact, some of the Pylon Racers (Q40) does use this plane for practice rather than their $500-600 Q40 racer. It would save a little cash (just a little :-) just in case of a crash. Plus, this plane fly similar to the real thing, but a little slower... well, quite a bit slower (about 160-170mph vs. 180's), but it'll do.

Now, all we need to do is have Kanke make them with different colors option.

Hope this info help!