Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

OUTLAW,,,in ARF!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 09:06 PM
RC Larry-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts
Default OUTLAW,,,in ARF!

Hurry up folks, and hide the women & children. The OUTLAWS are bout to ride into town. Not just any Outlaws, but the long awaited ARF Outlaw!
Yes it's true. Chris Hinson at Extreme Flight RC has been working for months now to bring us this awesome little delta wing in an ARF version, and it'll be hitting the market real soon. I've had the pure pleasure of testing the prototype for several weeks now, and trust me, this is one tough little cookie! Chris and his crew have done an amazing job of producing a really nice and accurate ARF Outlaw, and not without several unique construction designs. Most notable, all of the parts have an interlocking fit, creating an extremely strong structure. I've been flying the prototype harder than ANY of the Outlaws Ive built in recent years, and it's taken on any and every high G, stick slam'n maneuver I could throw at it. I've even driven it straight down, wide open throttle for a thousand feet, then corner the sticks for the patended "Jerry Smith Kentucky Pile Driver". Not even THAT has been enough to break this bird! Short of hitting the ground itself, I dont think anyone will be able to destroy this ARF in the air!!!!!!
Chris has worked very hard to create an ARF Outlaw that matches the shape and performance of the original Jerry Smith Outlaw we've all come to know. He has worked with Jerry himself, and Robert Vess who designed the original air foil for Jerry's original design. After flying this one the past 2 months, I 'm thrilled to say he's got it! Even better, this ARF can go from box to air in two evenings! The only major parts that need glueing are top and bottom fins, and the hinges!
As for weight,,, I weighed my scratch built Outlaw and the ARF with postal scales recently and they were identical! Both planes are set up exactly the same so far as hardware, motor, pipe, servo's etc. ( Webra 32, Macs header, Moose can muff, JR 4721's, 4-40 push rods, 720 ma 5 cell pack, 7 ch rec) Both models tipped at 2 lbs 7 oz.
Chris plans to include a nylon beam style motor mount with the kit, which is by far easier to install, but you can also go the route of Jerry Smiths original and make your own back plate mount, as I do. Also, this version of the Outlaw is Jerry Smith's latest variation, that provides more area in the radio compartment. It also allows for a 6 oz fuel tank. The original only carried 4oz.
All in all, this is one fine ARF, and like ALL of Extreme Flights products, it's high quality. Chris has 3 really neat color scemes, including a red, white and blue start burst, a Blue Angels scheme, and one that is dedicated toward the Outlaw designer himself, Jerry L. Smith with a Futaba orange and white based scheme. All of them look great! Be sure and visit tthe Extreme Flight web-site for all the latest news on this awesome lil delta wing. Extreme Flight will be taking orders soon!

Old 01-01-2008, 10:31 PM
Crazy4Flight
My Feedback: (540)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: OUTLAW,,,in ARF!

How about a few pictures of the ARF you have been Beta testing????

Me gots a JETT .30 BSE FIRE & pipe thane needs a good home.