Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

OUTLAW from EXTREME FLIGHT

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

OUTLAW from EXTREME FLIGHT

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 01:46 PM
gofastz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OUTLAW from EXTREME FLIGHT

Spydermagnet

You should send a picture of your wing bag to Chris at Extreme Flight..... I'm sure he'd love to see it!!!! Gofastz
Old 08-24-2008, 02:30 PM
Strykaas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ArthurD

Strykaas,
I forgot to answer your question about the tank...................
I use the standard tank and wrap it in one layer of the thin white foam packing sheet material. Scotch tape it lengthwise at the seam, and around in 3 places. Space is at a premium, so don't overlap it. Relieve any airframe members that compress the foam. Let it be a little loose, floating. Be careful the rubber stopper or metal tubes do not touch the firewall. A short piece of 1/2" pipe insulation over the snout works well to prevent that. I've never had a problem with bubbles. Std tank gets about six minutes of WFO flight. By that time I'm ready for a break anyway.

And about the fuel nipple on the carb............with the engine flipped to put the NV on top..................
The Webra carb HSNV can be dissambled, rotated and reinstalled to make the nipple angle back towards the firewall. But doing this can be tricky because the valve assy is a press fit and it's easy to screw things up in short order. You really need special tools to do it right. It's not necessary anyway. Fuel line is cheap and it just makes it 1/2" longer to make a larger loop and leave the carb alone. Works perfectly without the risk.

Have you flown it yet? We want a report!
Arthur, I'm slightly deviating from the stock recommendations, I'm making some mods. I'll report everything here when progress is made. Thanks for the tips.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:27 PM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

There were never any castings made for the small engines they have always been BSE type - thus no sport-jett version.

The AAC costs a bit more because of the metal match-up.

Was considered an upgrade because it is lighter weight. Performance/durability is basically the same.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:45 PM
Strykaas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK thanx
Old 09-01-2008, 09:35 PM
UltimateFlyer120
My Feedback: (5)

15 pages of good info.....Thanks all. I have a brand new Outlaw. Picked up a scratch -n- dent (crushed box) OS SX 32 last week. The Ultrathrust Muffler. While on the Ultrathrust web site I found a bubbless 4 oz tank, bladder tank! I installed 3 Hitec 475s and one hitec 225. All of this put together along with a 7 channel Fasst RX and 1000 Mah AAA battery 48.16 ozs. All Extreme Flight had in stock was the Navy version. I'm retired Army. I made Stars and streaks with Bright Yellow Ultracote. Awsome flight envelope power unreal with Zinger 9X6 wood prop. I am sure the motor is not broke in all the way. What a change of pace and true exhilarating excitement.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70160.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	1024264  
Old 09-01-2008, 11:00 PM
LeeHop

Nice job, Victor. Thanks for the picture.
Just curious - did you move the needle valve?
-Lee
Old 09-01-2008, 11:23 PM
UltimateFlyer120

Lee, I've adjusted the high end needle.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:34 PM
spydermagnet
My Feedback: (2)

Nice suggestion. I took it up with Chis and will be selling them from the Extreme Flight website soon! :-)
Old 09-03-2008, 08:30 AM
mk1spitfire

Should I bin this or repair it?

Some templates would be handy?

Name:	Nl29195.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	1025311   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ok28729.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	1025312   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej13610.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	1025313   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47196.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	1025314  
Old 09-03-2008, 08:32 AM
evan-RCU

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The nice thing about an ARF is you buy another. You can piece together the parts for a template but I doubt you'll get templates from Extreme and the original ones drawn by Jerry are probably different.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:13 AM
mk1spitfire

hummmmmmmmmmm. I didn't want you to say that evan, I was hoping you would say, hey heres a link to the templates.
Your right artf, creates a bin it and build another way of thinking or try something else!

Shame. The backs fine. It feels too pretty to bin or cremate.

alot of time needed to reserect it back.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:36 AM
LeeHop

mk1spit -

You might take this over to the crash & rebuild forum. They do some miracles over there
Old 09-03-2008, 10:44 AM
mk1spitfire

ok, thanks
Old 09-03-2008, 06:03 PM
Montana Pilot

Yes, the OUTLAW is spectacular; unfortunately my scratch built OUTLAW had a rather sudden stop into a mountain side. Now I need to find a Webra .32 crankshaft. Any ideas? Originally from Raleigh Durham area.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:19 PM
ArthurD

Best place I know of if [email protected]. Cliff Swartz, Webra dealer. He has all the parts and new engines you need. At about $135 for a new engine it may be worth replacing it.

Sorry about the unscheduled landing.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:00 PM
freakingfast
My Feedback: (3)

"Stuffing it happens".[:@] If you could repair it, just think what the glue/splints would weigh and what is your time worth, would it look good ? Qualify the good parts and get rest in the trash can and out of sight ASAP. You don't need to reminded of that bad day evey time you see it. Than get on the phone to Extreme Flight. They may be out of that color, the best in IMHO.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:37 AM
mk1spitfire

ORIGINAL: freakingfast

"Stuffing it happens".[:@] If you could repair it, just think what the glue/splints would weigh and what is your time worth, would it look good ? Qualify the good parts and get rest in the trash can and out of sight ASAP. You don't need to reminded of that bad day evey time you see it. Than get on the phone to Extreme Flight. They may be out of that color, the best in IMHO.

HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny though the plane is there to see to remind me what can happen, In this case a servo horn seperated from metal spline with screw working loose due to vibration i believe. I have never locktighted my servos horns before.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:36 AM
UltimateFlyer120

Lee I understand the needle valve question now [:@] since I broke it off ! OS sells a carb for there SX 32 H and it has the needle valve housed right on the carb....for 64 usd. The 64 dollar question!
Old 09-04-2008, 11:01 AM
Montana Pilot

Thanks for the e-mail address on the Webra crankshaft. Further report: my 3 yr old Outlaw is a dumpster case. The crash WAS spectacular!!! []
But I think I'll buy a RTF version this time.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:00 PM
bajajrider

webra engines and parts, swanyshouse.com . he doesnt list parts, but e-mail him.
new 32 w/o muffler $108.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:00 PM
ArthurD

Sorry about the crash....................
They are almost alwyas very spectacular unless they happen on launch. Nothing is easy at 140 MPH: all the pieces are small, the debri field is large, strong things are bent, it's a long way from you and it's not repairable. Now place your order for the replacment.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:29 PM
mk1spitfire

ORIGINAL: ArthurD

Sorry about the crash....................
They are almost alwyas very spectacular unless they happen on launch. Nothing is easy at 140 MPH: all the pieces are small, the debri field is large, strong things are bent, it's a long way from you and it's not repairable. Now place your order for the replacment.
[]
Old 09-10-2008, 04:44 PM
RobertV

Hey all,

I thought you'd like to hear about a huge gathering of Outlaws that is going to take place at the RDRC Fly-for-Tots Charity Fly-In in Raleigh, NC on Sept. 20-21. We currently have 16 pilots signed up to fly in the "OUTLAW INVASION" and expect a few more to join in before the event date. How about you? It's going to be wild and will be recorded in HD by Higher Plane Productions.

Go to [link]http://www.flyfortots.com[/link] for details about the fly-in. The biggest "Invasion" will happen on the 20th.

Name:	Vt56011.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	206.2 KB
ID:	1030397  
Old 09-10-2008, 06:50 PM
LeeHop

Wow...Don't forget to wear a helmet!
Maybe a face mask & welding leathers.
Don't forget your steel-toed shoes, either!

-LH
Wish I could be there [8D]
Old 10-05-2008, 12:08 PM
George C

I don’t know if anyone else has tried installing a bigger engine than the 30 size recommended but yesterday I maidened my outlaw (blue / yellow scheme) with a Rossi 53 at front. The whole construction was quite challenging because of the added weight and bigger dimensions of the engine. Balancing was quite difficult too. So.. I cut the engine mount in half and repositioned the blid nuts on the firewall so the Rossi could barely fit. I run a hitec 635 on the rudder and two 475 on the elevons using a 1100 mah 4,8 battery. To solve balancing issues I had to cut the battery in half and opened two hatches top side, one on each side of the rudder where I installed the two pairs of AA batteries along with 95 grams of lead, to achieve a C of G on 12 inches from the trailing edge. I had to drill underneath the fin to connect the batteries and then another hole towards the frond hatch for the battery lead to the receiver. The rear hatches were covered with blue monocote. Despite the additional weight it flew quite beautifully and quite fast I might add. I run an APC 8.75x9 an 10% fuel with Rossi mini pipe. No chance for 3D though as the Rossi runs properly only on full throttle. I hope at some point I’ll get the settings right. The only observation after the fuel run out and the engine quit, is the quite steep rate of descent. Despite the additional weight touchdown can be quite soft although the skid proved to be quite easily bent. Hope next time I’ll have more info on speed, weight and tach readings with various props.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.