Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: OUTLAW from EXTREME FLIGHT

Fast and loud..........I realy like it!
    Oooh eee oooh ah ah(the crowd) ting tang walla walla bing bang!(the plane crash)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The Brushless Outrunner motor I am using is a custom motor we have been developing for the Outlaw.
    The motor is called the Outlaw and is special order only for info on it contact.
    http://www.gobrushless.com/shop/
    Thanks for the kind words.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi, I am in the progress of building the ARF... and in the instructions it says to tape the hinges with some tape.... is this really needed? Trying to find the "blenderm" tape could be a issue for me.
    \"Eagles may soar, but weasels don\'\'t get sucked into jet engines.\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Menthol - Blenderm tape can be found in the drugstore (usually much less than a hobby shop) in the medical section. It is a great idea to help reduce the chance of flutter. I've never fluttered an Outlaw and have owned a few, but they probably wouldn't last long with a flutter!
    Blue Skies,
    Jim
    When flying low and inverted, remember down is up and up is expensive.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My electrified Outlaw has been radar @ 169mph, strait level and 180MPH in an agressive dive.

I have a new manuever I call the funnel, start by going high as possible, then full throttle, 45deg aileron roll straight vertical dive, it goes so fast its a blurrrr and looks like a funnel coming down. pull out at tree top level, it will make you wet yourself and the crowds go wild.........

No tape on hingeline tape this past season, never a flutter...........

Fully expect to piledrive it or shread it at some point, its just to insane/violent of a manuever..................

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Im going to buy this soon.
    Already got a Evolution .36NT for it. What prop-size do you recommend?

Anything else I should be aware of?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

8x8 9x7
    ProBro #2077
    http://image2-0.rcuniverse.com/e1/forum/upfiles/57402/Nl29490.jpg

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello everyone again.

I maidened my second outlaw last week with a jen 37 with a purple pipe from just engines.
    I get 18,100 rpm running an 8x7 apc on 10% fuel. Does anyone else have any rpm numbers of this combo?
    The engine came run in from just engines and runs very smoothly throughout the rpm range with no bad habits.
    The needle valve is a bit sensitive but the engine is not hard to set up.
    I already have a gallon through it. The plane is not what I would call super fast but can be a lot of fun and worry free mainly due to the engine's reliability, it only quits when it has run out of fuel.
    Overall a much better combo than the old one with the rossi 53 on it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nice combo George. Which version from Jen .37 is it ? Is it the ringed one or the ABC one ?
    ProBro #2077
    http://image2-0.rcuniverse.com/e1/forum/upfiles/57402/Nl29490.jpg

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It is the ringed one.

Does anyone else run on this combo so I can have some rpm numbers as reference?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That's roughly what I get out of a OS.32...

Unless you're prepared to go through a tuning session, what you see is what you get anyway.
    WHO GUNNA FEED MAW KEEEIDS..???

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello all,

I just received my Outlaw today. I'm thinking about buying a Jett .35 engine, but which type ABC or AAC? My plans on putting a OS 46VX-DF in this delta were derailed as the engine has a inline carb requiring modifications to the fire wall. I have the Orange / Checkered , which I will change to Red / Checkered. Hitec HS-7954 High Voltage servos will go on the control surfaces to handle all of those insane G-Forces.

Also, I will look forward in flying with FreakingFast at the field.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Michelle

The DF engine is much too heavy and too thirsty for that frame. An OS 32 with Macs tuned pipe is plenty. For ultra performance and least cost, a Webra 36 with Macs tuned pipe may trump a Jett 35 on a red muffler, but the Jett 35 AAC on a Macs tuned pipe would be the ultimate in power AND longevity...at a cost.

The Webra is slightly lighter but the sleeve is not chromed[&o].

The servos you want may be overkill, some good metal gear high speed servos in the upper recommended torque range is all you need and wont kill the small batteries too quickly.

With this plane, think light. Weight is your enemy if you want to do the stunts it was designed for. That orange/checkered is the best in my opinion for visibility.

Hope this helps
    Karl
    Oooh eee oooh ah ah(the crowd) ting tang walla walla bing bang!(the plane crash)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ordered a Jett .35 AAC from Jett Engineering today. Engine will arrive in 4 to 6 weeks, engines are back ordered.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hello all,I just finished building my outlaw
    ,but the only thing i can't understand is the cg point,from where it starts,could anyone make a pic with the details on,wouldbe very much appreciated
    greetings

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well after reading this whole thread I'd like to thank all who offered advice on how to get the most out of the outlaw. Been wanting one for a while and since I was ordering a 88" Yak the extra $20 for shipping for the outlaw was a no brainer. Hope to have the first of many flights tomorrow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xv65278.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	1455180   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wr55770.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	65.6 KB 
ID:	1455181   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yd81626.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	1455182   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rl24702.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	1455183  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That's a kick@$$ every thing. Color,engine and pipe, congrats![sm=thumbs_up.gif]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gents, I have read through all of this thread and found a listing for a Webra Speed 36 on thEbay so I picked it up. Turns out it's the ringed 35.

The box says speed 36, the auction said 36, and I get the 35. OY! I just emailed the dude about it so we'll see if he has the right engine to swap out.
    Should I press for a refund or is this a worthwile engine?
    Will the ringed 35 still cook on a MACs tuned pipe?
    I was fortunate to also pick up a pretuned pipe set for the OS 32 so that's what I'll be using. All told I'll have about $85 into the engine and pipe. The pipe was NIB and the engine looks really fresh.

What's this talk of low nitro for the Webra engines? I run 30% heli in my .46 size speed planes. Heli fuel just because that's the only thing the LHS stocks higher than 20%.

Thanks for any info.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Team_Monkey

Gents, I have read through all of this thread and found a listing for a Webra Speed 36 on thEbay so I picked it up. Turns out it's the ringed 35.

The box says speed 36, the auction said 36, and I get the 35. OY! I just emailed the dude about it so we'll see if he has the right engine to swap out.
    I was fortunate to also pick up a pretuned pipe set for the OS 32 so that's what I'll be using. All told I'll have about $85 into the engine and pipe. The pipe was NIB and the engine looks really fresh.

What's this talk of low nitro for the Webra engines? I run 30% heli in my .46 size speed planes. Heli fuel just because that's the only thing the LHS stocks higher than 20%.

Thanks for any info.

Higher nitro fuels are an American addiction. Over in Europe nitro isn't as available so their engines ( Webra, Moki )are designed with higher compression and run best with 0 or 5% nitro. You will have to shim the engine to reduce compression if you want the engine to run well with higher nitro fuel as you can have preignition issues. I added a shim to my Webra 32 and she runs great on 15% Coolpower.

Pete
    \"Remember, all I\'\'m offering is the truth, nothing more...\"
    Morpheus

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Rocketman612

Higher nitro fuels are an American addiction. Over in Europe nitro isn't as available so their engines ( Webra, Moki )are designed with higher compression and run best with 0 or 5% nitro. You will have to shim the engine to reduce compression if you want the engine to run well with higher nitro fuel as you can have preignition issues. I added a shim to my Webra 32 and she runs great on 15% Coolpower.

Pete
    Thanks for the info Pete.

Does anyone have a feel for if a shimmed engine on 15% is equivalent or superior to a non-shimmed running on 5%?
    I can't find any info on it. I'd have to order a shim but also not fond of stocking another blend of fuel. Already have 15%, 30% and gasser fuel.

Does anyone have experience with a Webra 35?
    Is it a revver engine or just a sport engine? I think I saw a post somewhere that freakinfast had one but I can't find it now.

**edit**
    OK, just found this Heli 35 that looks to be the same except a different head. It says it's ok for 15-30% heli fuel so what gives? Not doubting you Pete, just wondering what could be different. It is a ringed engine too.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the info Pete.

Does anyone have a feel for if a shimmed engine on 15% is equivalent or superior to a non-shimmed running on 5%?
    I can't find any info on it. I'd have to order a shim but also not fond of stocking another blend of fuel. Already have 15%, 30% and gasser fuel.

Does anyone have experience with a Webra 35?
    Is it a revver engine or just a sport engine? I think I saw a post somewhere that freakinfast had one but I can't find it now.

**edit**
    OK, just found this Heli 35 that looks to be the same except a different head. It says it's ok for 15-30% heli fuel so what gives? Not doubting you Pete, just wondering what could be different. It is a ringed engine too.
    [/quote]

I believe the engine will run comparably if using the pipe. I like to keep one type of fuel (15% Coolpower ) and use it with all my engines both 2 and 4 strokes. So I set them to run well on it. Only exception are my YS engines they get 30% heli fuel.

Heli engines have a larger and heavier head for the heatsink because it's enclosed in the helicopter. It may have a different compression not sure. You don't want a heavier engine on an Outlaw. Suggest posting some of these technical qusetions in the Glow engine forum for great info.

pete
    \"Remember, all I\'\'m offering is the truth, nothing more...\"
    Morpheus

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I was wondering if anyone has heard of using the OS 40la. I had one on an Avistar and it was a decent engine for a trainer. Then one day (this was about 7 years ago) I built a mousse can pipe for it and the humble little LA was transformed into a firebreathing brute. I'm not exagerating here, believe me. I've used many different pipes on different engines and have never seen such a transformation. It gained about 2500 rpm and the power on the up lines was impressive to say the least. The OS46LA (the 40 is no longer available) weighs 9.7 oz without muffler. Pretty close to the same as the OS35. The downside to this engine was that the life of the LA was really shortened. After 20-30 flights with the mousse can the engine started rattling a bit and eventually the power fell off too. These engines are not made to go like a bat out of hell I know and have bushings instead of ball bearings so this was to be expected I guess. Still, if a guy had one or several of these humble little engines laying around like I did and not likely to ever see the sky again in our lifetimes (with electrics dominating the future) I think it would be worth a try on an Outlaw. By the way I ran a APC 10-6 and it seemed to be under propped so I went with a 10-7 ( I think) and that was better. Maybe with the slick airframe of an outlaw a 9-10 might be worth trying....comments?

P.S. That little 40LA is still running and is on an old old early arf trainer that belongs to a friend. Yes it rattles a bit and has somehow lost its previous sleeper like vigor (kinda like me) but it still is dependable and serving a function.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

When the .35 came out ten years ago we couldn't get them in the states. I ordered two from Hong Kong. They are not revvers. They are GP motors and I bought them for comp fun flys that spin big low pitch props. I mounted the first and the thing never had any compression. I ran a gallon through it and it never got better so I sent the other back to Honk Kong. I still have the one and consider it a paper weight. Even if it worked it would not be anything like a Speed .32 or .36...

ORIGINAL: Team_Monkey

Thanks for any info.
    Revver #125, Pico Owners Club #3
    R/C Anonymous. My name is Evan and I have not flown for 14 hours.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just to throw another option out there for what it's worth, Jerry L. Smith has been using the .37 heli engine on his the last couple seasons.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the info guys.
    I've got the engine, the pipe and the parts are cut out for my scratched version of an Outlaw type thing. Guess we'll see how it does.
    No sense in just setting it aside and not using it. I don't expect it to be as fast as the real thing but it fits my budget and should be fast enough to keep me busy.

Who knows, maybe someday I'll have a REAL outlaw and the proper setup.

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast