Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Patriot retracts/Spring Air nose gear steering

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Patriot retracts/Spring Air nose gear steering

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2003, 07:05 PM
rcalbuquerque
My Feedback: (171)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Patriot retracts/Spring Air nose gear steering

What is the proper way to set up the steering control linkages on sring air retract system.Is pull / pull hardware the only way to go.
Old 12-28-2003, 09:44 PM
Kaos1

Default RE: Patriot retracts/Spring Air nose gear steering

rcalbuquerque,

I think that the answer to your question is yes. I asked a similar question and started a thread with wonderful suggestions and help.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_60.../tm.htm#604492

For what it is worth,

Kaos1
Old 12-29-2003, 12:16 PM
Rubbie

Default RE: Patriot retracts/Spring Air nose gear steering

I don't think it is the only way to go? I have a set of spring airs in my patriot (sorry can't remember the #'s, but probably a 300 series) but my nose steering has a small clevis that sits on an arm. When the gear is down the clevis sits perpendicular to the arm so it moves the whole retract. In the retracted position the clevis is able to slide up and down as the arm is now lying parallel. I know that it is probably the worst explanation you have ever received, but the main thing is that no you don't have to have pull pull on a patriot setup with Spring airs. I use a long golden rod connected to my Rudder servo. I have the same type of setup on my GP F-14 and they are the 305HD I think. Let me know if you need a better explanation or one of the experts can chime in...