Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

WM Barbara Jean or Nemesis

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

WM Barbara Jean or Nemesis

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 09:08 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WM Barbara Jean or Nemesis

Is that gear mounted to the wings or the fuselage? Thx. Cataracts are coming out next week, need something to look forward too.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:28 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WM Barbara Jean or Nemesis

Hay CH:

Picked up on this thread somehow on my mail and saw you were going under the knife or lazer with the cataract thing. Am also going through this junk I should have years ago. My next exam is not scheduled until June, our first club race is April 26. Sure hope the darned Doc will do something to clear the vision, seeing 8 coming around the corner when there is only 4 is the pits as you probably know. No big deal unless the one you are flying is not yours. Sort of sad when you win the race and find out you are actually in the dirt. Oh heck. Let us know how things come out. FYI, a flying bud just went through the same thing, says something he should have done years ago, is now serving me notice I'm toast excretra, excetra, excetra. ENJOY
Old 03-19-2008, 11:40 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hay CH:

Picked up on this thread somehow on my mail and saw you were going under the knife or lazer with the cataract thing. Am also going through this junk I should have years ago. My next exam is not scheduled until June, our first club race is April 26. Sure hope the darned Doc will do something to clear the vision, seeing 8 coming around the corner when there is only 4 is the pits as you probably know. No big deal unless the one you are flying is not yours. Sort of sad when you win the race and find out you are actually in the dirt. Oh heck. Let us know how things come out. FYI, a flying bud just went through the same thing, says something he should have done years ago, is now serving me notice I'm toast excretra, excetra, excetra. ENJOY
Old 03-20-2008, 09:45 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I see you have problems in both eyes with the double post. Yeh I quit flying all but one of my planes a year ago. Still flying my P-51 with a G2300 but switch into helis to take up the time as they are in closer. Thing is most of my fleet is all overpowered and flown in a speed type way and with one eye gone stupid on me, I have almost stuff them a few times solely based on vision.

So, I had the pre op the other day and go in first thing Monday morning. The overalllogic on all this cataract stuff really escapes me. They want you to wait until your really old (I'm 52) and the cataract is very bad so that the benefit will outway the risk. It was rough getting them to do me. Why should I not enjoy the quality of life along with these stupid planes for my remaining years instead of waiting until my life is nearing an end, then fix it? What the heck is that?

Along with that is its driving me nuts, One eye is still 20/17 and the other is 20/sh__! I have double vision in it. So they say I get sedated like wisdom teeth and locals around the eye. Get bandaged and go back the next day for a check, then a week later and a month. We'll see.

In all seriousness here, I recover almost ever new plane I have and all the same way and it really helps stay on top of them. As most know , these colors arfs come in don'e help when they out in the air. I recover the bottom of the wings and fuselage all white. When your going down the back stretch. you can rock the wings to keep things straight. Big help.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:58 AM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They are waiting for some 19yr old kid to beef on his 180 mph motocycle to give you the eyballs he doesn't need anymore. It's not about you guys getting old.

Nosegear?