Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Aw shucks, nobody wants to play?

Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Aw shucks, nobody wants to play?

Old 03-20-2008, 07:38 AM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Aw shucks, nobody wants to play?

I thought I'd generate some insults and abuse by posting this in a thread on something else, but no joy. So I'll put it in it's own thread and see who wants to take a stab at the obscure. Edited cut 'n' paste coming up:

.....since I had a few pics of my recently (and chances are temporarily) "tidied" workshop, I thought I'd post a "what the$%*#@$ is that ?" quiz for your frustration, amusement, and yawns of utter boredom. One point each except as noted:

1. What does the blue and red tail section top center belong to (apart from β€œme”)?
2. The black thing that looks like a bowling pin, bottom left? 2 extra points for make and function?
3. Related to #2 above, the tin thing beside it?
3. Left edge, middle height – what type of aircraft does that balsa prop belong to?
4. Name the un-built or partially built kits on the top left of the shelves. One point each.
5. The grey thingie hanging into the top edge, just left of center.
6. Top right, the strange aft section – from what?
7. Barely visible above the day-glo scrap of green covering visible at about 2:30 – what built-but-not-covered Β½A kit is that (which should have been finished about 5 months ago you slow poke!)? (2 points)
7. The round yellow object hanging top left? (10 points for this one! [edit - make it 50 points!!] )

There are no prizes or awards, just the satisfaction of poking fun at someone else.

MJD
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67903.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	908394  
Old 03-20-2008, 08:02 AM
evan-RCU

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Aw shucks, nobody wants to play?

1. What does the blue and red tail section top center belong to (apart from β€œme”)? Some kind of glider?
2. The black thing that looks like a bowling pin, bottom left? 2 extra points for make and function? Vacuum attachment for blowing?
3. Related to #2 above, the tin thing beside it? I want to say a light fixture reflector...
3. Left edge, middle height – what type of aircraft does that balsa prop belong to? I don't see a prop...
4. Name the un-built or partially built kits on the top left of the shelves. One point each. AGWS something, a phoenix (nice), a kadet and 4 I don't knows, one maybe a Balsa USA Enforcer or Force 1...
5. The grey thingie hanging into the top edge, just left of center. flying saucer
6. Top right, the strange aft section – from what? rocket
7. Barely visible above the day-glo scrap of green covering visible at about 2:30 – what built-but-not-covered Β½A kit is that (which should have been finished about 5 months ago you slow poke!)? (2 points) yeah right!
7. The round yellow object hanging top left? (10 points for this one! [edit - make it 50 points!!] ) a bucket?

Old 03-20-2008, 08:58 AM
soarrich
My Feedback: (98)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cold in Canada, eh?
Old 03-20-2008, 09:58 AM
Flyboy Dave
My Feedback: (21)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: soarrich

Cold in Canada, eh?
....pretty boring too.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:58 AM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

OK I see a corner of a $100 bill sticking out underneath a small box... now before I tell you where it is, I want my share!

I accept PayPal
Old 03-20-2008, 12:00 PM
YUKONFLYR

quote:

ORIGINAL: soarrich

Cold in Canada, eh?

....pretty boring too.
Can we see more pics of the speed plane???[&:]

Old 03-20-2008, 12:25 PM
phjoker
My Feedback: (4)

WOW..... I thought I had a boring winter..
Old 03-20-2008, 01:12 PM
MJD

ORIGINAL: evan-RCU

1. What does the blue and red tail section top center belong to (apart from β€œme”)? Some kind of glider?
2. The black thing that looks like a bowling pin, bottom left? 2 extra points for make and function? Vacuum attachment for blowing?
3. Related to #2 above, the tin thing beside it? I want to say a light fixture reflector...
3. Left edge, middle height – what type of aircraft does that balsa prop belong to? I don't see a prop...
4. Name the un-built or partially built kits on the top left of the shelves. One point each. AGWS something, a phoenix (nice), a kadet and 4 I don't knows, one maybe a Balsa USA Enforcer or Force 1...
5. The grey thingie hanging into the top edge, just left of center. flying saucer
6. Top right, the strange aft section – from what? rocket
7. Barely visible above the day-glo scrap of green covering visible at about 2:30 – what built-but-not-covered Β½A kit is that (which should have been finished about 5 months ago you slow poke!)? (2 points) yeah right!
7. The round yellow object hanging top left? (10 points for this one! [edit - make it 50 points!!] ) a bucket?

Okay I'll grade you and then I'll trash everyone else for not playing.

1. Birdie .10 (there's more of it in the other pictures, the tail surfaces look fairly distinctive) NOTE: this is definitely ON topic - I am coverting it to .35 power (it's only an OS Max, not a BSE Jett ). The fuselage is the same size and just as beefy as many Q500's, way too heavy for a .10 powered aircraft. The high-ish aspect ratio wings worry me, I might slice off one outer bay.
2. Gotcha, it's a trumpet mute, electronic one with a pickup mic actually
3. Ancient tin trumpet mute (okay who the heck except a player would know, but I had to be mean and stupid)
3. A old A-frame rubber pusher model. I knew what it was, but I live there so I guess that's cheating.
4. Kadet, Phoenix, two Doddgers, GWS Mustang, Herr Aqua-Star, Graupner Loop parkie, Laser Arrow (skeleton above), and I don't even know what those two plain white boxes on the right are, better go look.
5. Cox Flying Saucer (easy)
6. Yup rocket. Some stupid spaceship thingie, forget the name.
7. It's one of PTulmers's Blinks, waiting for VA .049 power and covering. Now that the shop is tidy-ish..
7. Good luck - it is a Pains-Wessex line-throwing rocket canister, for ship-to-shore or ship-to-ship rescue. I know you guys see those every day. But man, wait until we get a little water over the gunwhales of the canoe this summer, I'll be ready.

You win!

Oh and those are the only pictures of the aircraft at the moment, but if I make any progress I'll be sure to post.

Spring.. hello? Are you out there? Please?

MJD
Old 03-21-2008, 08:07 AM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I did catch the Blink. Do I get anything for that one? I just been working too much this week to play games.
I think I will be seeing a Blink fly today.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:48 AM
MJD

ORIGINAL: vicman

I did catch the Blink. Do I get anything for that one? I just been working too much this week to play games.
I think I will be seeing a Blink fly today.
Sure, you are the sole Blink identifier, so you get triple bonus points. Maybe I should just send you the Blink so it gets finished..

You won't see it fly, you'll only hear it. Come to think of it, I have never seen anyone post video of a Blink flight. Have I missed it I wonder? One day I'll see mine fly, for a few seconds at least. Actually it will be up as soon as the weather cooperates.

Do tell once you see the Blink.. with all the gory details.

MJD
Old 03-21-2008, 08:29 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to disappoint on the Blink. It was there, the camera was there, we even had fuel. Unfortunately the wind was in full force too. Just a bit too much to fly 1/2a in. I even had my Quick Shot handy to do a speed comparison.

Maybe later this weekend.