Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

New Speed Freak-Wonder Maiden Voyage

Old 04-28-2003, 01:11 AM
Erratic Parrot

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default New Speed Freak-Wonder Maiden Voyage

I've been lurking this forum for a while and thought I'd thank you all for the info you've provided. I've been flying RC for about 4 years. Last year I started flying a Tower Fun-51 w/ a piped .46. It is pretty fast and plenty aerobatic with maxed out throws but I wanted something faster. Lurking around this forum, I learned that the Sig Wonder would be a forgiving but fast plane. The .10 Shrike I built last spring was just too much airplane for me last year and ended up auguring in like a lawn dart....a really fast lawn dart.

Anyway, I built a Wonder this spring w/ a .15 OS LA engine. Weight w/out fuel is 38 oz. I flew it today w/ a MasterAirscrew 8X3 and was plenty happy. The first flight was plenty hairy 'cause I didn't have enough down elevator throw. Managed a damage-free landing, increased the down travel on the elevator and tried again. WOW! Diving full throttle low level passes are a scream! My buddies are guessing 70MPH. What a rip! I need a faster prop for this little animal. I'm going to try an 8X6 and see what happens.

Aerobatics are fun but speed is a blast. Know it or not, y'all have been a bunch of help. Thanks very much.

When I figure out how, I'll post a photo. I did it up in Sig's Patriot colors. I used the patriot rudders but the angel canopy.

Thanks again,

Tom
Old 04-28-2003, 03:14 AM
FlooredCOBRA

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default New Speed Freak-Wonder Maiden Voyage

Sound like you have a real beast! Congrats on your speed plane looking forward to the pics.

I been thinking about building one of them also. Heard so many good things about it.