Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

BVM .81 for Prop use.

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

BVM .81 for Prop use.

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 01:30 PM
YUKONFLYR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BVM .81 for Prop use.

Anyone use a BVM .81 with a propeller?

Looks like I have to modify the front hub and add a stud to use a prop.

Any pipe recomendations. Looking for 20,000 RPM or better with a 10x9 or 10x10, wondering if the BVM will pull it.

Thanks

Richard
Old 03-25-2008, 05:29 PM
cncswiss1

Default RE: BVM .81 for Prop use.

ask "I like jets" "F3d" they know what they are talking about

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_47...tm.htm#4722469
Old 03-25-2008, 10:44 PM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

Holy crap Yukon!

What u got going dude? Seriously...I need to get my shed fixed and step-up my game. (Speed Junkie, lets get it going!)

Please tell me what project you are working on....ChuckAuger put a Rossi-81 in a Whip, what'r you gonna do?

Oh yeah, sorry I am not smart enough to actually contribute to the prop. question, but credit to you for considering it!
Old 03-26-2008, 12:46 AM
YUKONFLYR

Currently working on a couple of vipers, lanier dominator 500, Phoenix f-20 and the ongoing project that the BVM is destined for is a 40 size mustang with serious mods for speed. Origionally it was supposed to have a Supertigre 90, however being power hungry.....I nixed that for a Jett BSE 90 and then wanted to try a Fan engine, Bought a couple of Rossi 81's and then found this BVM that needed a home.....being a nelson it has speed written all over it, but needs some mods or really only the prop hub modded and then a prop stud to screw into the crank. I would like to make a spinner/hub combo when the plane gets near completion.

The mustang will fly great with a 10" prop, Im thinking that reducing the drag and increasing the pitch to like a 10x10 will make this plane faster, with more revs like in excess of 20k hopefully really fast. I do need to work out a pipe for the BVM as the fan pipe probably would not be a good choice. The mustang project pales in comparison to the Link to the German speed guys, but it is a project that has been in the works since I started this hobby and I always finish what I start, even if it takes a decade or five,

I seen ChuckAuger' s thread on the Whip with a 60 Rossi......very cool and he had such an excited attitude towards the dust cloud when the plane succomed to flutter, very cool. Did not see the .81 DF however.........