Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

nitrous oxide injection

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

nitrous oxide injection

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 12:21 PM
phornight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitrous oxide injection

Has anyone tried nitrous oxide injection? If so how where the results?
Old 05-24-2008, 02:21 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: nitrous oxide injection

In the real world, regulating the pressure in both the auxillary fuel and nitrous resevoirs would be tricky. As small vessels empty, their pressure drops off fast....so the rpm increase would be short compared to the extra weight and complexity onboard. It would be neat to see some independently wealthy experimenter give it a try, though.
Old 05-24-2008, 05:23 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It has been done on r/c cars.

http://www.rbinnovations.com/catalog...b644778e728f36

A fella named "Jags RC" actually did it first and documented it on video.
Old 05-26-2008, 06:14 PM
airraptor
My Feedback: (66)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you are better off just buy the next bigger sized engine and have the same if not more power over the nos ALL the time and less complications.

R/C trucks yes it might be worth it where you will not notice the performance drop when it starts to run out of the extra power, but in a plane yo will and bight even kill your engine.

most nos start out around 1000 psi. once your engine is tuned for this 1000psi it runs great but as you use the nos the bottle gets very cold(pressure drop) and you are using the nos up, so even more pressure drop. Now and engine turned for 1000 psi you have that extra fuel going into the engine, as pressure drops the fuel doesnt. now you have a very rich engine and could even be so rich that you break a connecting rod. then you have to always refill the bottles and so on. TO much hassle for the small gain.

RB does sell a small blower though that you might be able to adapt two of these together to get a gain thats there every time!!!!!!! HINT HINT