Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

pusher jets

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 07:10 AM
austin197136

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pusher jets

I puchased a pusher jet from nitroplanes.It is the kangaroo 40 size.I put a os max46 ax on it but I cant get it off the ground.the motor has the power with a 10 6 prop even tried a 10 7.The plane darts across the ground really fast but it will not lift off.I made a runway and it is very smooth.Could any one help with this.Thank you.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:18 AM
soarrich
My Feedback: (98)

Default RE: pusher jets

Lengthen the nose gear, or move the mains forward so the plane almost falls on it's rear when sitting on the ground, sound like you're not able to rotate for lift-off.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:54 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

ORIGINAL: austin197136

I puchased a pusher jet from nitroplanes.It is the kangaroo 40 size.I put a os max46 ax on it but I cant get it off the ground.the motor has the power with a 10 6 prop even tried a 10 7.The plane darts across the ground really fast but it will not lift off.I made a runway and it is very smooth.Could any one help with this.Thank you.
This may sound goofy... but I dealt with this with someone just last week....

.... make sure you are installing the PROP the correct way. Curved surface and markings face "aircraft-foward".

And as noted, if it will not rotate...

1) check/search in RCU here for others with the plane. CONFIRM the CG location. The manuals are many times incorrect.

If it will not rotate at all it might be very nose heavy.

2) Nose gear/main gear location as noted.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:11 AM
soarrich
My Feedback: (98)

[quote]ORIGINAL: bob27s

ORIGINAL: austin197136

.... make sure you are installing the PROP the correct way. Curved surface and markings face "aircraft-foward".
ROFL
That's exactly what my friend did on his Bobcat. I had forgotten about that.