Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

TF HOLY SMOKE QUESTION

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

TF HOLY SMOKE QUESTION

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 08:51 PM
iflyg450

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TF HOLY SMOKE QUESTION

Got a hold of this kit from a club member for $50.00. My question is this, is it okay to run elevons. I was thinking of putting HS-225MG in each wing between rib 2 and 3 on rails and run the linkage out the top of the wing and use a HS-81MG for the nose wheel. Does this sound like a good idea???????

Old 06-17-2008, 09:18 PM
petec
My Feedback: (58)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: TF HOLY SMOKE QUESTION

I can't think of a reason not to if you are up to the work.
My Holy Smoke went in due to the elevator servo deciding to die. If I built another one I would probably do what you are contemplating.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:51 PM
iflyg450

It looks like it will be very easy to do. I plan on using the landing gear for a change. All my other delta have not had a gear.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:20 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I don't think a HS81 will hold up on the nose wheel, those nylon gear teeth are pretty tiny. Maybe the MG version might work? There are some car servos that might be cheap and up to the task with "servo saver" type linkage.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:41 PM
iflyg450

Thanks for the info, I was planing on using the MG version of the HS-81 I should of said that before, sorry.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:56 AM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: iflyg450

Got a hold of this kit from a club member for $50.00. My question is this, is it okay to run elevons. I was thinking of putting HS-225MG in each wing between rib 2 and 3 on rails and run the linkage out the top of the wing and use a HS-81MG for the nose wheel. Does this sound like a good idea???????
I saw one years ago that I am quite sure had elevons, retractable nose wheel and tip skids, and piped YS .61. It flew "fine" and went like stink. IIRC the man's name was Ron "Delta King" London, and this was at the AMA Homecoming in '93.