Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

H9 P-51 60-Opinions please

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

H9 P-51 60-Opinions please

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 09:19 PM
wildnloose

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default H9 P-51 60-Opinions please

Hello,
I have a small problem. A few of us thought it would be a good idea to have a semi-warbird-race with 60 sized warbirds. Nothing serious, more like chasing each other across the sky.

We have not made any rules regarding engine size, weight, or wingspan; but it has to be a 60 sized warbird. I plan to fly my H9 P-51 Mustang. I did fly this plane with a Saito 100 but it was weak. My friend with a OS61 would whip the snot out of me (but mine sounded cooler).

Now, I know that this Mustang is not the best airframe for speed. But what I would like, is for your opinion on engine.

I am thinking about the following: Super Tiger 2300, Moki 1.35, YS140, TT 91, YS110, YS 91 heli

I know the Jett engines would be ideal, but I have already been warned that no one will race me if I bolt one on

So, what do you guys think....

Old 07-24-2008, 09:47 AM
YUKONFLYR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: H9 P-51 60-Opinions please

I think that the YS140 would be the engine of choice for two reasons:

1) Supercharged
2) Exhaust Sounds cool for a Mustang.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:08 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run a ST 2300 in my 60 size with a Jett Muffler. Flys good. Bit cramped up their as I also have it inverted. Had it about 3-4 years now. Got a photo somewhere on Jetts site in the muffler area or something

If you decide to run an inverted engine , make sure you lower the tank near or on the bottom of the fuselage and should have no problems.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29543.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	997030  
Old 07-27-2008, 11:36 AM
wildnloose

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah Cyclic, I saw your pic on the jett site. The cost of the ST2300(plus Jett muffler) stays in the ball park range for me. I do have a ys140 (and still considering it), but that would mean that I have to take if off another plane that I fly...

Cyclic, what prop/rpm's are you getting with that combo compared to the standard muffler??