Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Hangar 9 F-22 Raptor 100 MPH????

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Hangar 9 F-22 Raptor 100 MPH????

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 09:49 PM
OkieTrucker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hangar 9 F-22 Raptor 100 MPH????

Has anyone ever tried to mount and EVO 1.0 on this thing? I just got one and I have a new EVO 1.0, I know there would have to be MAJOR mods done to do it, but do any of you that already own/fly them think it will work? Right now I am thinking about serious firewall reinforcing with glass/epoxy, adding weight to the tail (The 1.0 only weighs 9 oz more than the .46), maybe a bigger fuel take moved to the back for the weight? Adding servos for the flaps will be a must. I have an idea for the landing gear as well, I will try my best to describe it: Piano wire a little thicker than stock LG, but instead of wheels I will bend the landing gear to form "skids" (Kind of like the earlier space shuttles) Just think of the landing strut if you will coming straight down and then bent into a half moon shape, or boat shape, to give the "effect" of a wheel. i know I wont be able to steer much, if at all, but I think it would work. Now I have read alot about the 2 degrees of right thrust not being in this plane, is that true? also read that there is down thrust that needs to be cut about in half? Any input would be great. I got this thing on a trade, and it is still new in the box and still wrapped in plastic, if I don't do this project, i will be selling it. I know this ousnds crazy, but I don't like having what EVERYONE else has and want to do something different that will break 100 mph!!!!!
Old 08-11-2008, 03:27 AM
gofastz

Default RE: Hangar 9 F-22 Raptor 100 MPH????

I had one that had a 91 os fx on it...Check the forums and you'll find it.....It would fly in the 120's as I remember using wing shadow to tell he speed....Be sure to strengthen the tail section and add the nose mod that comes with it now....Mine was gray and hard to see in the air...I got tired of it and sold it to a friend who still fly's it today.....Here is the link to the post....Check out post #58....It's under F-22 Hanger 9 craptor....Yes that's CRAPTOR with a C.......Gofastz

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_58...Craptor/tm.htm
Old 08-11-2008, 06:44 AM
OkieTrucker

Thanks for the reply, That looks like a great install!!
Old 08-11-2008, 12:27 PM
Flyjets
My Feedback: (51)

OkieTrucker

Hi I to had a Crapter with a OS 91fx motor in her. This was a waste of a motor the Crapter doesn't track well at all she dances around the sky at speed.

Mine was also the Grey One swining a 10 * 10 prop. U really need to find a better Airframe we aren't calling it a Crapter for no reason.

This plane is not worth the trouble.

Ian
Old 08-12-2008, 09:33 PM
learjet45xp

Yeah, I put a .91FX that I had layin around in mine, its not really that "fast" Not over 100 for sure! More like 85 perhaps...at best...in a power dive! lol. Anyways, it has ALOT better vertical now! other than that, it just consumes more fuel.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:33 PM
Barticusmax

I rather enjoy mine, took the extra stuff off, pulled the JR out (Everything I own is Futaba, not changing now), then put an old german .61 on it.
I think it it right about 100, but y'all know how hard it is to guesstimate!!
If someone could doppler it, I would be truly grateful!!
As soon as I figure out how to upload it!!!! RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Here's the youtube link.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTMc1uHAbzA