Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

model tech mach racer?

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

model tech mach racer?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 11:26 AM
zero-cool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default model tech mach racer?

I cant get a dd any where.so im thinking about a mach racer.anybody like them?I olny have a os .46 for it right now.till I have the money for a jett.but will it be faster then a viper 500 with a 46 on it?
Old 08-08-2008, 01:03 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: model tech mach racer?

Zero Cool:

The Mach racer will be a little slower than the viper with the same engine on it, nature of the beast. The OS is a pure sport engine that turns around 14,000, the better quality engines designed for rpm like the Jett 50 or 60 will turn around 20,000, about 1/3rd more rpm and related speed. In the real world, 6,000 rpm is a bunch. The Sports jett engine is user friendly, will give you that 20,000 and still idle better than the OS!!!!!. I have a Jett 35, two 50's, two 60's and a 90. Stay with the LX models as you get more rpms with that design. Favorite engines are the 35, a little jewel that thinks its a 46, and will outrun a slug of them. The 60 is in the 46 frame, gives you the HP and rpms all in one great package. Like anyting else, each has its own personality, likes and dislikes. You need to treat each as it wants to be treated. Follow the Jett directions, keep your starting flights ritch with recommended props and learn what the engine wants as to props, settings and fuel. I run Power Master 15% and add an additional 4 oz. of castor to each gallon. The engines seem to like this added lube, and it gives you a little more margin of safety from lean runs. You can cook a high performance engine in a few seconds of lean run, so treat them with care and you will be rewarded with years of great service. My 35 is into its 7th year, and still running strong. I frequently drag it out in a home brew 40" span racer as it is so reliable, and of course it has hours of experience with the airframe. What started out years ago at around 3.5 pounds is now over 5 with the various fixes and additional epoxie, but still a ball to fly. A great old friend that simply does nothing stupid. Get a torque wrench and keep the head bolts tight to specs along with everything else, or some day you will notice fuel pouring out of the head area, and yep, things are loose up there. ENJOY
Old 08-08-2008, 09:57 PM
russm

now, back to the mach racer. been flying mine a little more lately. nice delta. does everything well, but is not real fast. have a os 46fx w/ a jett muffler on mine. the viper is a much faster airframe. but for the money, the m-racer is a nice, well made plane w/ a very good covering job.like most deltas, the landing gear is lousey.
Old 08-09-2008, 06:18 AM
zero-cool

well that sucks.I thought the mach racer would be faster.its a delta,shorter wing span,thinner airfoil,lite,less drag,with out the gear.it dosent look like it has that much more drag then a dd.I had a dd with a jett fire .50.flew it about twenty times.then was showin off to my friends and crashed it like a dumbass.lost everything.I need cheap speed
Old 08-14-2008, 11:55 PM
january73

does any one know the best electric set up for the mach racer...im looking for good speed..