Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

prop for .91fx midget mustang ?

Old 05-25-2003, 11:30 PM
wojtek
My Feedback: (72)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default prop for .91fx midget mustang ?

I have a WorldModels midget mustang set up with a os .91FX with a tunned pipe. I am thinking of using a 12x12 apc prop .... will this prop be good for this set up ? i don't want to go over 12 in diameter , and i though 12 pitch might be good ... im looking for all out speed, so torque can be compromised if nevessary .... im hoping to break over 120mph with this set up ...

thanx

Wojtek
Old 05-26-2003, 11:19 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default prop for .91fx midget mustang ?

I have one of these. orignally I installed the 91fx but returned it because it was crap. I now run the OS1.08. However i have a ST G90 in a Shoestring. running a 13/8 apc. I think the 12/10 would be a good starting point. I ran this prop on another G90 in the smaller WM P-51.
.One note on the Midget is that your approach to landing needs to be on the shallow side. This thing does not like to slow down.
Also consider Kavan wheels for when the end of the runway comes up to quick, you can slide it sideways without that bad wheel hopping bounce that can rip out the gear.