Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

First Delta WIng

Old 06-19-2003, 06:39 PM
happyal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Delta WIng

Hi Guys,

Just got my first delta wing, and it looks like I'm going to have a blast!! I've not been flying that long but I'm getting better all the time and speed planes is the thing that I'm interested in.

I was hoping that somebody could give me a little bit of advice about these things. I've set the mix on my control so that it controls both elevator and ailerons, my question is; the elevator movement is alot less then the aileron movement, is this correct?

Also the trim are set the same to eye sight, but when I move, for example up on the stick the right servo seems to have more travel, is this a sign of a faulty servo controlling the left, or is it a design flaw?

Last thing, It is quite a small model, about 1m wingspan, with a 40 sized engine (MDS, but I've got a Rossi 40 which I'm thinking about installing), will I be able to hand launch this model, or do I use a dolly to lunch it?

Thank you for any advice that you can give me.
Old 06-20-2003, 12:09 AM
BAGOSTIX
My Feedback: (178)

Default delta

What Delta do you have?
Old 06-20-2003, 10:24 AM
happyal

Default First Delta WIng

Hi,

It's a Exocet Delta Wing, it looks like a Jet model, quite similar to the Ripmax Delta wing, but with a more built up body.

It looks like it's going to be great fun.
Old 07-06-2003, 10:19 AM
WerHop

Default First Delta WIng

do you have some pic for us

werner
Old 07-07-2003, 06:51 AM
Stuntpiloot

Default First Delta WIng

More info would be nice......
Not all delta's are fast I've flown a Baracuda, also 1m wingspan with a .40 but the speed was not very high due to a thick airfoil (apx 6cm (= 2.4")

But normally the hand launch should not be the problem with a .40
Old 07-07-2003, 08:13 AM
WerHop

Default First Delta WIng

does anyone know what the thickness of a really fast delta are normally like?
Old 07-07-2003, 06:34 PM
happyal

Default First Delta WIng

Hi Guys,

I'll try to get some pic's of the model as soon as I get my digital camera back (Father borrowed it). I flew the Delta wing for the first time on the weekend. And I can say that it's hard to fly as it is setup at the moment. I'm going to get some help getting it setup correctly then I'll give it another go.

It's very fast (for me) it's not going to be as fast as something like a whiplash but since it's my first speed model and I've not been flying for that long, it's going to be great for me before I move onto faster and faster planes. It's got about a 2.5-3cm thick wing.

Keep an eye out to see if I can get some pics up here.

See you all soon guys.
Old 07-07-2003, 09:07 PM
Rudeboy

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default First Delta WIng

Can't you limit the throws for every channel seperately on your transmitter?

I run into this kind of stuff regularly, when using a servo on each elevator half on a plane for instance... I just adjust the maximum throw of each servo seperately...

If you don't adjust this you will have your plane rolling out of loopings, or into or out of turns and stuff like that... not very pleasant to fly...

Both your ailerons not having exactly the same throw is much less of a problem...