Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Shrike 40 size build question..

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Shrike 40 size build question..

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 12:31 AM
Frag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shrike 40 size build question..

Lanier RC Shrike 40

When building the front of the plane there is no mention of 'pulling' the sides of the fuse together when gluing in the 1/2 tri stock. If not pulled in, there are large gaps between the fuse sides and the upper and lower front block wood. I can see that maybe if not pulled in, and the tri stock glued in each corner, that maybe while sanding the nose round the gaps would be eliminated. I know a picture would help, but don't have that capability right now. I'm sure some of you shrike builders remember this from your own experience. Seems like you'd have to pull pretty hard to get those fuse sides in. I actually did put a clamp on the fuse and pulled the sides in to meet the front end blocks, but want to make sure thats the way before I ca it in.
Thanks--
Fraggy
Old 05-27-2003, 02:32 PM
Mike Connor
My Feedback: (5)

Default Re: Shrike 40 size build question..

It has been a couple of years since I built mine but I do not remember the issue you are referring to. I do remember there were no gaps in the nose area that needed to be sanded out. There was a lot of sanding to round the nose. Looking at mine now, there is not that much bend in the sides of the fuse in the nose area.
Old 05-27-2003, 03:29 PM
Frag

I'm going to take a picture of it this evening to show what it looks like. I'm pretty certain I've built it squared up to this point, so I'm probably missunderstanding something in the building directions....
Old 06-01-2003, 02:59 PM
Frag

I called Lanier RC. Real nice folks. The rep on the phone said that, yes, you pull in the fuse to meet the upper and lower wood blocks. Thats what I figured anyways. I just wanted to make sure before ca-ing it.