Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Sig King Kobra

Old 10-21-2008, 12:58 AM
dschroeder
My Feedback: (40)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Sig King Kobra

Was thinking about building a king kobra, hanging a 75 AX on the front of it...should it be fast or is there a better kit to build?
Old 10-21-2008, 03:53 AM
C_Roundy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Sig King Kobra

Great kit, designed for .60 weight engines. With the wing area that it does have ; the OS 75AX would be a great (almost) GONZO choice propped with an APC 12 x 8" -or-
11 x 9,10 depending slightly on the exhaust system of your choice.... The 1.20-AX would be verging on making it GROSSLY over weight, and handle like a pig. Forget the .91FX, complete waste of time. Regardless, give me VIDEO!!!![sm=47_47.gif]
Old 10-21-2008, 09:04 PM
Crazy4Flight
My Feedback: (540)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The Tower 75 will save you about $100.00 over the OS. [8D]

A Dub Jett 90L may empty your wallet.

I have the same kit waiting for the snow to fall.

I might add some spring air retracts to it.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:39 AM
dhal22

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i've got one just about ready for primer. actually, the wing and control surfaces are primered. just finishing a couple of cockpit items before i install the canopy. then primer. other projects have slowed this build to a crawl. spring air retracts, concealed controls, glassed and painted. good practice project for me. should be fun to fly too.

david
Old 10-22-2008, 09:14 AM
BalsaBob
My Feedback: (24)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have a Sig King Kobra. Great flying airplane ! ! ! ... but I would not call it any type of speed demon. Had an OS 60 on it and it flew OK ... then changed to the OS 75 and it flew much better .... (but still not a speed demon). Engines larger than the 75 may pose a problem in that you will probably not have sufficient clearance to swing the larger props that a 90 or 1.20 will want. Don't let the fact that I think that this airplane is not a speed demon sway you from building one ..... it is a GREAT flying airplane and I love mine.

I love Sig kits and one of the fastest combinations I have seen is actually the Kougar with an OS 55 and a tuned pipe. Very fast, great vertical, and it still lands slow. This is one of my upcoming winter projects.

Bob
Old 06-30-2009, 06:54 AM
kqutob

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Came across this thread by chance, since I'm a great fan of the KK I had to come in defense of what is probably one of the best performing rc planes ever designed. If you want a speed demon the best way to go is OS91fx with a nelson Ultrathrust muffler .

http://www.pspec.com/details.asp?ProdID=61&category=8

With a 12X10 APC this should give upwards of 12,200 rpm. If you add retracts your KK will match or outperform any Patriot or F-20 .