Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Airshow video

Old 11-05-2008, 10:22 AM
Mike Connor
My Feedback: (5)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Airshow video

This could make you religious.
http://www.mikesrc.us/rightwing.wmv
Old 11-05-2008, 10:23 AM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Airshow video

If it was true.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:47 AM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

This is fake. It has been debated already in two other threads. Some footage is from a "real" model plane that landed "safely" after loosing a wing... the editing in this landing scene is a big looser IMO

I'm keeping faith tho...
Old 11-05-2008, 10:55 AM
Mike Connor

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The RC version.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsNIhBlyepc
Old 11-05-2008, 12:03 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Frankly after reading the threads here and in some other sites I haven't seen the absolute it's a fake statement from anyone more qualified than me or our fellow rcu members. Plenty of reasons why but no smoking gun. Till then I'm leaving it as plausable.[:-]
Old 11-05-2008, 12:36 PM
dhal22

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

how about a closeup of where the wing separated? assuming it's real what happened there or are we just to assume that the wing "came off"? don't we spend hrs rehashing our own crashes, analyzing what could have went wrong? why no discussion or proof of what went wrong?

david
Old 11-05-2008, 04:16 PM
evan-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The two videos have nothing in common. The "real" one is a fake...
Old 11-05-2008, 05:00 PM
Flyboy Dave
My Feedback: (21)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: vicman

Frankly after reading the threads here and in some other sites I haven't seen the absolute it's a fake
statement from anyone more qualified than me or our fellow rcu members. Plenty of reasons why but
no smoking gun. Till then I'm leaving it as plausable.[:-]

....I'm with Vc.....I haven't seen or read any of the comments that would prove to me it's fake.

....if it is fake....it fooled me.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:01 PM
Mike Connor

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: evan-RCU

It is so unlikely that it is hard to believe so I will not argue either way. The RC video does show that it isn't impossible
Old 11-05-2008, 06:16 PM
MJD

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Mike Connor

ORIGINAL: evan-RCU

It is so unlikely that it is hard to believe so I will not argue either way. The RC video does show that it isn't impossible
What puzzles me is why the RC video was making the rounds about 6 days ago, then one day afterwards the full scale incident. Seems odd is all.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:15 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

If it was real, the pilot should be making the rounds on the TV talk show circuit and the incident would have surely made the nightly news on network TV.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:25 PM
daven

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Exactly, this would have been all over the news, not just U-tube. Here is some commentary from Hoax Slayer:

Commentary:
This video, supposedly depicting a skilled pilot's miraculous landing after one wing snapped off his aircraft during a mid air stunt, is rapidly circulating via email and online. Some viewers apparently believe that the video is genuine footage of a real incident. However, many commentators suggest that all is not what it seems to be. The landing sequence, especially, looks decidedly suspect and most probably depicts a remote control plane rather than a full sized aircraft. The video is almost certainly the result of clever editing and manipulation with full sized and remote controlled aircraft.

The supposed pilot of the aircraft has been identified as one James Andersson. Andersson has his own website which discusses his alleged prowess as a pilot. The site even features an interview in which "Jimmy" talks about the lost wing landing incident. However, there is strong evidence to suggest that both the one winged landing video and and the pilot's website are part of an elaborate advertising scheme launched by German fashion design company killathrill. The killathrill brand name features prominently on the stricken aircraft, supposedly as Andersson's sponsor. The pilot also wears a killathrill jacket during his "interview" about the incident.

The WhoIs record for the domain, jamesandersson.com lists the registrant as one Sandra Thielecke and includes a killathrill.com email address. It seems more than a coincidence that Sandra Thielecke is in turn listed on the killathrill website as the company's geschäftsführerin (female managing director). And, in spite of James Andersson's supposedly long involvement with stunt flying and air races, there is seemingly no mention of his past deeds other than on his own website and in comments related to the video itself. The WhoIs record also reveals that the domain was only registered in September 2008.

Moreover, if genuine, such a compelling piece of footage would have almost certainly been prominently featured in TV news shows around the world. Instead, it apparently only made it to YouTube.

Thus, it seems very likely that the video and the related website are yet another clandestine advertising campaign aimed at raising the profile of a particular company, in this case, killathrill. Such "viral" advertising videos are a new trend in online marketing and have proved very successful for other companies. A Dutch travel company has used another "amazing" aircraft landing video as part of a viral advertising campaign. A video supposedly showing cell phones making popcorn was later revealed to be an ad for Bluetooth headsets. And a "scary" video of an elevator ghost turned out to be a promotion by a consultancy company in Singapore.

In time, killathrill, like other companies who have pulled such stunts, is likely to "own up" and further reap the benefits of its creations. Meanwhile, the video will continue to circulate, generating much intense debate as to its veracity and affording killathrill a great deal of free publicity.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:45 PM
vicman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Don't make me google you Dave![X(]
Old 11-05-2008, 08:08 PM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Seems that they are getting their (advertizing ) dollars worth! I mean that vid has been in all the forums...and a LOT of people are talking about it.
Guess it worked aye?
Old 11-05-2008, 09:19 PM
dhal22

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

indeed, i have seen it here several places, via emails from family and friends and on other websites.

david
Old 11-05-2008, 09:49 PM
daven

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You won't find much Vic
Old 11-05-2008, 11:11 PM
MJD

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: proptop

Seems that they are getting their (advertizing ) dollars worth! I mean that vid has been in all the forums...and a LOT of people are talking about it.
Guess it worked aye?
Yeah, but I never once noticed the name killathrill. All I noticed was a funky airplane video. I suppose they could claim some subliminal effect.

MJD
Old 11-06-2008, 12:45 AM
skull1971

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I can't remember where it was, a link that is, but it is fake. There was another video and the guys who made it talked about it and laughed! Said it was for shock affect, and then knew it woud be picked apart.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:53 PM
airraptor
My Feedback: (66)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

lets see his "RIGHT" wing came off and continues to spin to the left LOL not going to happen not matter how much aileron you have. it would have spun to the right with any positive G's put into the airframe.

those full size planes need to fly fast to fly knife edge.
when the wing broke/fell off it never bent or anything just a clean cut at the wing root and slipped outward instead of tumbling like all wings do.

FAKE video done by a 2 year old
Old 11-06-2008, 02:26 PM
SpeedBoy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

What do you guys think about this video ???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LveSc8Lp0ZE

Old 11-06-2008, 03:22 PM
MJD

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: SpeedBoy

What do you guys think about this video ???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LveSc8Lp0ZE

Now that's the real deal. Check out the landing speed.. ouch!
Old 11-07-2008, 12:34 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Has anyone noticed that there is no left rudder during the last part of his knife edge yet the nose keeps going up? (46 seconds) Or the fact that when the wing comes off it's dead clean? No wires, no rods, nothing that would ever indicate it had a functional aileron? (No, it's not a servo with a small plug that will let go instantly in a full size LOL). Not to mention that for the speed he landed he came to a stop in about 20 feet with NO bending or damage of the landing gear?
Also, once the video comes back into focus after the landing, there is no up elevator even during the bounce? (50 seconds) I can't believe anyone would believe it's real once you see the landing sequence. The computer graphics are impressive, but come on, anyone who's been in this hobby for any amount of time should be able to pick out the obvious things in that video.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:03 PM
vicman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The vid made Snopes notification this morning. They all it undetermined.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:32 PM
MJD

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: LGM Graphix

Has anyone noticed that there is no left rudder during the last part of his knife edge yet the nose keeps going up? (46 seconds) Or the fact that when the wing comes off it's dead clean? No wires, no rods, nothing that would ever indicate it had a functional aileron? (No, it's not a servo with a small plug that will let go instantly in a full size LOL). Not to mention that for the speed he landed he came to a stop in about 20 feet with NO bending or damage of the landing gear?
Also, once the video comes back into focus after the landing, there is no up elevator even during the bounce? (50 seconds) I can't believe anyone would believe it's real once you see the landing sequence. The computer graphics are impressive, but come on, anyone who's been in this hobby for any amount of time should be able to pick out the obvious things in that video.
[8D] For the record I firmly believe it's a pile of horsewacky generated for a commercial as suggested, lest anyone think otherwise. The biggest giveaway to me is the aircraft spinning into the remaining wing. Musta had about 400 pounds of fuel out there in a wing tank.

But hell, after all this hub-bub about the RC and fake full-scale one-wing landings, you can bet your sassafras that the next time some aerobatic pilot sans both a parachute and a recently departed wing panel is going to give it the old college try.

The F-15 story is just plain amazing.

MJD
Old 11-08-2008, 12:38 AM
jetdryvr

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yea, Even without any serious analysis it looks OK at first and then just gets corny during the landing sequence. I sure couldn't make the video but it sure wasn't Hollywood quality.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service