Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Shrike 10 engine

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 10:46 PM
Jim D
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shrike 10 engine

A few years back I had a shrike 10 with a Norvel 25BB on it (light 25) and it was a lot of fun. I want to build another and am looking at power plants. I want to keep it light. I did some mod work on the first one to get it to balance with no added weight, small battery, etc. It was fairly fast but still flew well.

The OS15CV looks like one possible choice. Anybody played with the K&B 18 Aero? Same weight as the OS15, but they spec 1.1 HP? http://www.mecoa.com/kb/88/8801.htm

I've been out of flying for a couple of years and it looks like Norvel is no more? That 25BB ran strong and was as light as some 15's.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:06 PM
NoOneFlysAtMyClub
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Shrike 10 engine

I ran a GMS .32 on mine with a Tetra Tank. Wing airfoil cut down. Fuse profile cut down also. Mac's non muffled pipe. Fast, Fast,!!!!!!!!!!!!! Standard needle valve. This combo is cheap fast!
Old 01-05-2009, 01:34 AM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ASP/Magnum 36 is nice too ...
Old 01-05-2009, 02:13 PM
johnc1go
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a shrike w/an OS .15cva on it. Nice flying plane. Not super fast but noticeably faster than the guy next to me w/same airplane and a .15la. I'm getting 17700 rpm on a MAS 7-6 prop running 15% nitro fuel. Best guess at speed somewhere between 95 -105 I know another guy w/a shrike .10 equipped w/an OS 32F Heli engine. It's a real screamer but his plane is quite heavy and has to be landed hot, something I don't like doing for belly landings.