Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

El Mirage questions from local Revvers

Old 03-25-2009, 12:09 AM
Troy-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default El Mirage questions from local Revvers

Hey guys. I have never flown out at El Mirage but next month a group may be heading out. I know a bunch of you live or fly out in the area and have talked about El Mirage at Revver get togethers. So what's the scoop out there? Is there an organized flying area now that they charge to enter the lake or is it a free-for-all? I am worried about frequency control and 200mph+ airplanes. I can't get any good info online and only hear rumors. Is it dry or still wet from the rains. Any info appreciated...

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-25-2009, 10:42 AM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: El Mirage questions from local Revvers

Troy- We started the Revver's things there but it was a free-4-all and we could never control the frequency situation...The place is just huge!

These days with the 2.4GHZ it would not be as big a deal, but I prefer Rabbit-

Flyboy Dave will chime in on the weather report and whatnot I am sure-
Old 03-25-2009, 10:51 AM
Flyboy Dave
My Feedback: (21)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/barstow/mirage.html

....it is now a Pay to Play area....[:@]

FBD. []
Old 03-25-2009, 11:20 AM
Flyboy Dave

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

...yep, Vic....

"Rev on, my Brothers."

FBD.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18311.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	1165843  
Old 03-25-2009, 12:23 PM
MJD

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Flyboy Dave

remember to.... "Rev on, my Brothers."

FBD.
FBD - I see one DD - kind of a half XS and half crazy maneuverable aircraft - and TWO slow propjets, but where is a picture of a REAL XS aircraft in that there Revvers logo...? [8D]

Attached Images    
Old 03-25-2009, 01:01 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Dave, I think you got your threads crossed. Those guys made the statement in the speed freaks thread and are waiting for numbers.

Troy, have you guys ever got the timing issue worked out yet? I'm really curious to see what you come up with for that. There is a guy out here who has recently built a field special for pylon racing that would also be capable of the FAI layout but timing equipment is still the issue and keepin cost realistic. I'm doing my speed rally again on June 27 where we just come and have a run whucha brung shootout against the radar guy. It was great fun last year.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:11 PM
Flyboy Dave

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Flyboy Dave

...yep, Vic....

"Rev on, my Brothers."

FBD.

Old 03-25-2009, 11:35 PM
TEAMERICA
My Feedback: (77)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yea, El Mirage has pretty much been abandoned by the local flyers due to the $15 Fee. They come to Rabbit now. Not that Rabbit is crowded or anything. It is not and there is plenty of room for the Revver Brotherhood.

If you do decide to go to ElMo, you will find a "semi-designated" area about the middle of the lake on the South side near a "semi-perminent" out-house on a peninsula. I don't think you will find much of a problem in the way of frequencies there. Most have 2.4 or the ones that haven't invested in 2.4 won't pay the Park Fees to fly anyway.

Everything should be dry now. Rabbit is in Prime Condition now - just enter on the West end.

Goin' to Rabbit in the morning to test a new Magnum 1.00 4-Stroke in a VQ Cap 10.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:07 AM
Troy-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey thanks for the info guys. I really appreciate it... the most useful info yet and I knew this would be the place to ask.

We were going to do this again out at Rabbit but many of the guys didn't like the background of the mountains with the fast stuff. I don't care what or where but I wouldn't mind trying out a new spot anyway. I like the idea of the new fees to keep things a little more mellow out there. I plan on camping and some work friends might go as well for Moto-X riding. I'll pass on the info and I plan on getting a 2.4 set up anyway for my fast stuff.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:49 PM
BiggerDanno

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

What / where is Rabbit?

I'm up for some fun at either place!!!
Old 03-26-2009, 02:16 PM
vicman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey Dan! I was wondering about you after seeing all the TeamErica stuff for sale by another guy. How you livin man?

Troy, whatcha using for timing?
Old 03-26-2009, 02:31 PM
BiggerDanno

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

If that is aimed at me, I'm a different Dan.

ORIGINAL: vicman

Hey Dan! I was wondering about you after seeing all the TeamErica stuff for sale by another guy. How you livin man?

Troy, whatcha using for timing?
Old 03-26-2009, 09:20 PM
vicman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Diffrent Dan
Yer still ok if you are a speed freak tho.[8D]
Old 03-26-2009, 11:24 PM
TEAMERICA

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Doin' Great Vic. How about you? I don't know what TeamErica stuff you are talking about. There is a Cancer Fightin' Bicycle Team out there but noone else out there in R/C that I know of. Anyway, Still racin' the Giants with the USRA. Won a couple o Scale Masters Qualifiers as a Team Pilot. Can't get enough flying time in since I took over the Hesperia Hobby People Store. I did test fly a new Magnum 1.00 4-Stroke today. Flew it on a giant VQ Models Cap 10 that was designed for a 1.20. Hope to see this sweet engine in the stores in the near future. No speed demon but plenty of power to fly the airplane like it was meant to fly.
looking forward to getting my own new Airtronics 10SD 10 Channel 2.4.

BiggerDanno - Rabbit is 1 mile West of Lucerne, CA on Hwy 18. The road crosses over the lakebed on a levi - you can't miss it. We fly on the North (left) side North of the airport fence. Flyers there pretty much every day of the week - weather permitting.
[link=http://www.protopage.com/rabbitdrylake]Rabbit Dry Lake info[/link]
Old 03-27-2009, 09:10 AM
vicman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

So your running the store now eh? There really might be hope for me to own a liquor store at some point then[sm=bananahead.gif]

The guy had a pic of your TeamErica planes at what looked like Rabbit. If I remember correct he was in Utah somewhere. If I come across the add again I'll forward it to you.

Glad to hear your doing well. Don't be such a stranger.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:33 AM
TEAMERICA

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

So your running the store now eh? There really might be hope for me to own a liquor store at some point then[sm=bananahead.gif]

The guy had a pic of your TeamErica planes at what looked like Rabbit. If I remember correct he was in Utah somewhere. If I come across the add again I'll forward it to you.

Glad to hear your doing well. Don't be such a stranger.
Now That's funny - You running a Liquer Store. What would you sell? You'd want to keep all the booze to yourself like I do with my models.

Oh, now I know what you saw. You saw a [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=497957]garage sale ad[/link] from my race teammate, Marty. He does live in Utah and is just about eaten up with this sport as much as I am except he has a little more cash flow to put into it. Now he is just trying to liquidate some of his fringe interests (trainers, helis etc) so he can pour more into the Unlimited racing class. No, That is not Team Erica. He is a full fledged TEAMERICA member Race 101. I'm Race 96. In fact he has a vinyl cutter and does all the graphics for our airplanes and others in USRA too.

BTW - Just to show that we are not hijacking this thread, Marty is promoting the USRA World Finals this year to be held at Rabbit Dry Lake in Mid October 15,16,17 $ 18 2009. This is the year-end wrap-up and the biggie for the West Coast - Always the best race of the season. If you like 150 - 220 MPH speeds with over 25 HP in radio controled Reno Style airplanes every Revver Brother should be there. I'd like to see a Revver Brotherhood Compound at this race. You can fly your own (what ya brung) at the end of the day and even get your airplane clocked by the official timers. We are even planning an R/C Car Drag Race with CASH prizes.
Get yourself a Hangar 9 Sundowner and a Mark 2.10 engine and come join us. Contact me for a price on the Mark 2.10. This is a great class to get started in. Last year I sponsored 15 year old Tucker Bushbaum and this year he will be flying in F1GT for Ralph Cunningham. When you fly the entry level class, the big teams and sponsors are watching you and looking for talent.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:42 AM
vicman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thats the guy.