Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

WESTON TIGERSHARK

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 02:01 PM
mshay
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WESTON TIGERSHARK

I GOT MY TIGERSHARK TODAY. DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE ONE OF THESE AIRCRAFT THAT THEY COULD SHARE SOME FLYING TIPS WITH ME, OR SETUP TIPS.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:37 PM
mshay

Default RE: WESTON TIGERSHARK

perhaps no one has input?
Old 05-01-2009, 05:13 PM
dhal22

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

there's a ton of info here on this plane. if you can't wait for people to reply then do a search.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:34 PM
mshay

ORIGINAL: dhal22

there's a ton of info here on this plane. if you can't wait for people to reply then do a search.

OH OK THANKS PAL. THAT SURE IS GOOD INFO! WHY DIDNT I THINK OF THAT ON MY OWN WITHOUT SOMEONE MAKING A RECOMENDATION THAT I DO A SEARCH.

[sm=thumbs_up.gif]ONCE AGAIN THANKS GUY[sm=thumbs_up.gif]

[sm=thumbs_down.gif][sm=thumbs_down.gif][sm=thumbs_down.gif][sm=thumbs_down.gif]
Old 05-01-2009, 06:21 PM
dhal22

you have a lot to learn here i see.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:54 PM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The people who hang out here are pretty helpful & knowledgable, but that stops when posters are rude. If you post all capitalized messages, then bang the table and yell like an 8 year old, who do you expect is going to bother to help you? Put two and two together... did you ever think that maybe nobody here owns one or has any experience with them? What do you want, a bunch of guesses?

Good luck getting help with this kind of approach.

MJD
Old 05-01-2009, 07:42 PM
mshay

you have a lot to learn here i see.

what do you mean by that sir?
Old 05-01-2009, 07:45 PM
mshay

ORIGINAL: MJD

The people who hang out here are pretty helpful & knowledgable, but that stops when posters are rude. If you post all capitalized messages, then bang the table and yell like an 8 year old, who do you expect is going to bother to help you? Put two and two together... did you ever think that maybe nobody here owns one or has any experience with them? What do you want, a bunch of guesses?

Good luck getting help with this kind of approach.

MJD

no no no you fellows seem to misunderstand, occasionally one does forget to turn the capslock switch off, i would like to know what nerd came up with that explanation of using caps means your angry. i would rather type in caps anyway, BIGGER IS BETTER!!
Old 05-01-2009, 08:22 PM
dhal22

you asked for help. this is the correct location to ask for help. 1 and 1/2 hrs later you're already po'ed because nobody has answered. perhaps we should all stop what we are doing every 30 minutes or so throughout the day and log onto rcu and see if we can help someone. and there is tons of info here on the magnum. you simply have to click on the search key, type in what you want and all the info you will ever needs magically appears, no waiting, no berating people for not getting back to you on your timetable and better than that noone has to type the same thing that has already been typed.

do a search 1st, we all know there is a lot of info available and by you asking twice we know you haven't done a search and you want us to post it all again. if you can't find anything then write up an inquiry, EVENTUALLY someone will be glad to help.

good luck
Old 05-01-2009, 08:42 PM
mshay

you asked for help. this is the correct location to ask for help. 1 and 1/2 hrs later you're already po'ed because nobody has answered. perhaps we should all stop what we are doing every 30 minutes or so throughout the day and log onto rcu and see if we can help someone. and there is tons of info here on the magnum. you simply have to click on the search key, type in what you want and all the info you will ever needs magically appears, no waiting, no berating people for not getting back to you on your timetable and better than that noone has to type the same thing that has already been typed.

do a search 1st, we all know there is a lot of info available and by you asking twice we know you haven't done a search and you want us to post it all again. if you can't find anything then write up an inquiry, EVENTUALLY someone will be glad to help.

good luck
not poed. just dont like searching through a crap load of irrelavant stuff, and you know by doing a search you pull up a bunch of useless information some good but both jumboed all together in a big mess
Old 05-01-2009, 11:57 PM
Mike Connor
My Feedback: (5)

...1 and 1/2 hrs later you're already po'ed because nobody has answered....
My computer shows he waited 3 days before bumping his thread to the top and asking again. I find that most people using caps do not mean to be rude but aren't familiar with forum protocol. Post #4 was a little out of line but sometimes I feel like that.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:19 AM
mshay

ORIGINAL: Mike Connor

...1 and 1/2 hrs later you're already po'ed because nobody has answered....
My computer shows he waited 3 days before bumping his thread to the top and asking again. I find that most people using caps do not mean to be rude but aren't familiar with forum protocol. Post #4 was a little out of line but sometimes I feel like that.

ok thats cool, but to the "hey do a search guy" i did a search in the forums for b-1 bomber and what i was hoping to find did not come up, so i posted a topic then another guy gave me a link to it. so guess what guy, like i said this forum returns some searches with useless information which i have got many times. so your really not being as helpful as you thought you where, was that your way of trying to make a laugh at someone. well thats cool hey laugh at me. thats what im here for is your amusement. come on guy like i give a F$^&%^%*. ok who cares.

thanks again on your input on do a search on it>[sm=what_smile.gif]
Old 05-03-2009, 03:58 PM
ArthurD

Mshay,
I thought I'd answerd you but looking here I see it didn't take.........................
I have that same airplane with a Webra .36, pipe, 9X7 APC. Set it up exactly like the book and flew it. I was a DOG! Called the dealer and he had no suggestions. Went back to the book and rechecked everything, especially the balance. Flew it twice more and it was still a dog. Had to stay on it constantly, no ability to fly without intense control input. Finally stripped everything out of it and hung it up with monofiliment in my garage. Looks rather nice at that climbing angle. Nothing like as much fun as my Outlaw.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:52 PM
dhal22

and i owe you an apology. i did not look at the 3 day gap. i only noticed the time gap. i apologize.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:06 PM
mshay

ORIGINAL: ArthurD

Mshay,
I thought I'd answerd you but looking here I see it didn't take.........................
I have that same airplane with a Webra .36, pipe, 9X7 APC. Set it up exactly like the book and flew it. I was a DOG! Called the dealer and he had no suggestions. Went back to the book and rechecked everything, especially the balance. Flew it twice more and it was still a dog. Had to stay on it constantly, no ability to fly without intense control input. Finally stripped everything out of it and hung it up with monofiliment in my garage. Looks rather nice at that climbing angle. Nothing like as much fun as my Outlaw.

SO IT WOULD NEED ALOT OF RATES ON THE WINGS? I DOnt understand this, weston says that they can accept a .50 size engine in it, hell i couldnt get my th .46 in the dam thing, whats up with that deal.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:21 AM
mk1spitfire

What do specifically want to know? I've owned 3 of them. They fly well as per the instructions recomodations. No need to fiddle.
Easy to self launch, A thin rubber glove helps for gripping the fuz. Get ready for torque twisting on launch.
Generally any 50 is great in it. Irvine53,OS55ax or the west5V1. Likes a 10x6 Genisus tuned pipe from weston for extra boost.
Its a flat section. You may want put a fluro colour underneth to help with viz.
Not the best glider, but head it home quick when engine cuts, flare and land.

Kit is no longer made now by weston, The small one is but that will stop too in replacement of the new Tiger named the velocity.
The velocity will have an aerofoil based on the famous magnum.

video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_gbB...e=channel_page
Old 05-04-2009, 07:20 AM
mshay

ORIGINAL: mk1spitfire

What do specifically want to know? I've owned 3 of them. They fly well as per the instructions recomodations. No need to fiddle.
Easy to self launch, A thin rubber glove helps for gripping the fuz. Get ready for torque twisting on launch.
Generally any 50 is great in it. Irvine53,OS55ax or the west5V1. Likes a 10x6 Genisus tuned pipe from weston for extra boost.
Its a flat section. You may want put a fluro colour underneth to help with viz.
Not the best glider, but head it home quick when engine cuts, flare and land.

Kit is no longer made now by weston, The small one is but that will stop too in replacement of the new Tiger named the velocity.
The velocity will have an aerofoil based on the famous magnum.

video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_gbB...e=channel_page

i cant seem to fit anything bigger than a .36 size in mine
Old 05-04-2009, 07:27 AM
mk1spitfire

Then it appears you do not have the Tigershark but the mini Tigershark
Old 05-04-2009, 03:02 PM
mshay

ORIGINAL: mk1spitfire

Then it appears you do not have the Tigershark but the mini Tigershark

yep sure do.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:38 AM
DragonHeart

Here is my Tigershark................

It's a beast with a Rossi 53 with tuned pipe.................. i have raced against the same plane with a weston engine in and the rossi left it behind

But it goes out of sight in seconds so you need quick reactions for this one..... Landing doesnt seem to be a problem i just cut the engine and float in althou it still comes in fast
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw66932.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	1200935  
Old 05-31-2009, 12:59 PM
mshay

i flew my mini tigershark this weekend. holy crap the thing is fast, even with a worn out asp .40 not sure what the power output is on the engine but it flew fast.

i flew it with a 10x6 prop. can i expect a noticeably increase in speed with a prop size of say 8x6 or even a 9x7.

by the way it didnt take to much trimming a few clicks on up and right. landing is quick and easy. everyone in my club that was at the field was amazed,
hell there was a guy that landed a senior telemaster and the engine quit and i heard him say " i aint going out there yet" perhaps he wanted to watch me fly or was a little nervous about going onto the field to retrieve his plane.

the weston mini tigershark is a blast to fly and i look forward to getting the magnum