Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

WANTED! Your Help recovering stolen Engines! REWARD!

Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

WANTED! Your Help recovering stolen Engines! REWARD!

Old 05-04-2009, 01:01 PM
Seafury007
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WANTED! Your Help recovering stolen Engines! REWARD!

Hello ALL!

A fellow modeller suggested that I post my stolen engines list on RCU. Since I can't find a Wanted forum under engines I am posting under the High speed go fast type forums as my engines were that! I hope that anyone reading this that is in California especially will watch for these and call me.

************************************************** ************************************************** ***************************
On Monday Night 4/27/09 someone stole some High Performance rare engines from my trailer that was stored at a storage place in Palmdale. All the engines are rarer specialty hard to find engines. I am offering a $300.00 reward for the recovery of all or most of the following free flight type model airplane engines, especially the Nelson Engines:

(4) Nelson engines (Have N cast on the engine block). No size stamped on them but there was a .19, .21, .29, and .36 cubic inch displacement taken.
A Rossi 60 speed engine. (Larger, has Rossi cast on one side of engine block and 10CC Speed on the other side of the block) intake is from the rear.
A Super Tigre G65 engine (Has Super Tigre cast on block and a Big G with 65 stamped on the block, rear intake also)
Super Tigre G21/29 rear intake side exhaust that has the mounting lug holes elongated. (Has Super Tigre cast on one side and 29 on the other)
Super Tigre G21/35 rear intake side exhaust that has the mounting lug holes elongated. (Has Super Tigre cast on one side and 35 on the other)
Super Tigre G40 rear intake side exhaust that has the mounting lug holes elongated. (Has Super Tigre cast on one side and 40 on the other)
Zalp-K 15 F1C competition engine. This one has a prop brake, front intake with intake cover, pointed aluminum spinner.
Has Zalp cast on the side I believe
K&B engines, some front intake some rear intake
3.25cc engine (Has 3.25 cast on the engine block! Very rare!)
3.5cc engine. (should be like 2 or 3 of these)
6.5cc engine (should be 2 or 3 types of these, front intake and rear intake)
Cox TD 010 New in Original Plastic Case
Cox TD 020 New in Original Plastic Case
Cox TD 049 New in Original Plastic Case
AD 06 (Special Italian made, Has AD cast on case, front intake rear exhaust, .06 cu.in.)
Cyclon 15 (Russian made, .15 cu.in.)
Johnson 29R engine (Has Johnson cast on one side and 29R engraved or stamped in a milled flat spot on the other.

A Cox Conquest .15 model engine box

Also had spare parts for all these engines and a lot of New in Package parts as well for O.S, Super Tigre, K&B, and others.

Ignition Type Emgines with mini spark plugs and poits:
O&R 19 and 23 size (Have O&R Stamped on blocks and engine size 19 or 23)
Vivell 35 (Has Vivell stamped on engine block)
Super Cyclone 60 (Large, has intake tube from rear into block with amber plastic tank hanging from the tube at rear)

I am positive there is more engines and parts not listed that the thieves got away with and may be offering to sell along with these engines listed. I had the stuff stored for 5 years, just got a house, went to the storage on Monday to see what needed to be done to move the trailer. Had 2 flats. When I came back on Tuesday the engines were missing. I am really shocked and hurt. If you have had items stolen from you that you really cared about you know where I am coming from.
I have a one up on these thieves because these are not your everyday local hobby shop engines. If you could be one more set of eyes and ears out there for me it will make the difference and put some $$$ in your pocket.
Any and all help is appreciated!

Thank You, Robert (661) 609-9219 call me with any info PLEASE!
Old 05-04-2009, 01:58 PM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: WANTED! Your Help recovering stolen Engines! REWARD!

Oh man, that hurts. I know exactly how it feels to lose a pile of personal treasures (lost nearly everything in house fire some years back), but to have them stolen from you is insult beyond injury. Were these amongst other stuff, in other words were the engines targeted by someone familar in some way with them, or was the theft indriscriminate?

MJD

Old 05-04-2009, 02:29 PM
Seafury007
My Feedback: (2)

Hello There!

Yes they were in a trailer that had all my free flight stuff in there. I have kits, paints. glues, built models, etc... The trailer was cluttered as it was fairly full. The engines were accessible from a small dresser in the center by the side door entrance once they cleared an area. I went on last week monday to get the items and noticed someone had gotten in there but saw the nelson boxes, the ignition engines, the Johnson 29R were there. Knowing I would be back the next day and having to hurry to get to a doctor's appointment, I tied the door handle shut and made sure the storage gate was locked. Left at 3pm monday, was back at 12:30pm tuesday and GONE! I am kicking myself in the Arse for that one.
I should have grabbed all the engines right then not having time to get a new latch and put it on the door. I was thinking Kid's probably and I doubt they know what value is here and what's odds they will come here tonight? GEEZ!
Old 05-04-2009, 05:58 PM
MJD

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I doubt I'll bump into them 3000 miles away, but I wish you best of luck recovering some or all. Or running over the culprits with a rusty lawnmower.

MJD
Old 05-04-2009, 07:16 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

If it was just punks doing this for beer money, I would call every pawn shop in town. I doubt a pawn shop would give them more than $20 for the whole lot. A more savvy thief would approach the professional sellers at the internet auction sites. I hope you catch them, you know the cops couldn't care less about your toys.
My suspicious mind thinks this was an inside job by an acquaintance.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:03 PM
dhal22

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: MJD

I doubt I'll bump into them 3000 miles away, but I wish you best of luck recovering some or all. Or running over the culprits with a rusty lawnmower.

MJD
and turn the blade around backwards.[X(]
Old 05-04-2009, 09:19 PM
Daren71

Sorry about your loss. Did the storage place have video surveillance? Maybe something was caught on video. Daren
Old 05-05-2009, 12:31 AM
sportrider_fz6

watch ebay and craigslist maybe you'll get lucky
Old 05-05-2009, 01:45 AM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Sometimes you will see an item for sale that the seller doesn't seem to know much about.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:23 AM
RocketRob

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ebay had a Zalp F1C .15 came up yesterday - in Italy.