Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Rossi 60 with tuned pipe is this too much ?

Old 05-08-2009, 02:05 PM
DragonHeart

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Rossi 60 with tuned pipe is this too much ?

Hi Guys,

Have a dilema, i have a Rossi 60 with full tuned pipe laying around and a new in the box Hanger 9 Twist ;-0

Just wondering if its worth risking the 2 together............. just not sure if the engine would rip the airframe apart

Old 05-08-2009, 02:34 PM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Rossi 60 with tuned pipe is this too much ?

ORIGINAL: DragonHeart

Hi Guys,

Have a dilema, i have a Rossi 60 with full tuned pipe laying around and a new in the box Hanger 9 Twist ;-0

Just wondering if its worth risking the 2 together............. just not sure if the engine would rip the airframe apart

I own a Pizazz, it's predecessor, and my opinion is that is not a good combination. It is certainly a combination worthy of grunts and smiles during a bench racing session, but I tend to think that in the air the effect would be like tying a quarterhorse to a plow. I think the Twist and the like are airframes that will thrill you more by and are better suited to overpowering with 4-stroke power. Based on the performance of the Pizazz on a Saito .72, as a more everyday combination I would say the Saito .82 is a great choice. Using that at a baseline for comparison, I would look at power and weight of other choices. Are there .90/.91's that are similar, or is that the universal jump to a larger and heavier "block"?

MJD