Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

No I'm not dead

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 07:34 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No I'm not dead

Been real busy the last year and along with medical issues like "sight" which is of some importance here, I'll be around more often. Had cataracts that were taken care of and I'm only 53. making sure my finances stay in check after this last year has been a priority too.

Tianci-stay cool jack
Old 05-25-2009, 07:51 PM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: No I'm not dead

Hey Mike...been awhile, aye! Remembered you mentioned something about your vision some months back...think it was in the clubhouse...

Been a bit quiet(er ) w/o you, and FBD doesn't seem to be posting as much lately either?

Say Hi to Len A. for me...Tom

Old 05-25-2009, 08:09 PM
r-c-guy
My Feedback: (37)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you are back!
Old 05-25-2009, 08:26 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You thought they were joking about making you blind in high school didn't ya!

I've missed FBD lately too. I call him every once in a while just to let him know we are still here. I wonder how Razor is doing with his new job.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:38 PM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

I can understand how eyesight is important.

Had Lasik done this spring and have never seen worse, can barely track a 140 mph plane, very disturbing.

Can get by for day to day at 20/30 but need corrective sunglasses to race, very dissapointing.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:01 PM
vicman

Thats too bad Dave. Mine went perfect and it was almost 7 years ago.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:45 PM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Good to see ya back at the keyboard at least

Ive been scarce on here too. For some reason job hunting take a crud load of effort !!!

Glad to hear the eyes are doing a bit better

Bob
Old 05-26-2009, 05:54 PM
MJD

ORIGINAL: daven

I can understand how eyesight is important.

Had Lasik done this spring and have never seen worse, can barely track a 140 mph plane, very disturbing.

Can get by for day to day at 20/30 but need corrective sunglasses to race, very dissapointing.
You know, I'm sorry to hear that, and hearing that once again I am glad I have resisted the urge. I can't say that I've heard a string of glowing first hand reports, though plenty of hype in the eye surgery commercials. I don't know what to think of this stuff, it promises the convenience and comfort of not wearing corrective lenses or contacts, but at what risk of worse problems, and what level of confidence in the results even if no detrimental effect takes place? I'm 47, I'm moderately nearsighted but can fly fine at speed if my prescription is up to date. I keep thinking about these opytions but also keep rejecting them, and will likely continue to do so. My biggest gripe has been my closeup acuity going to pot in the last 5 years or so, I used to at least pride myself on being able to pull off small fiddly work. My optometrist said in an emotionless, unamazed monotone - "welcome to the 40's, you might be interested in gradient lenses". Hate 'em, don't use close up correction, my attitude towards that at his point rhymes with truck pit.

MJD
Old 05-26-2009, 10:55 PM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

ORIGINAL: vicman

You thought they were joking about making you blind in high school didn't ya!

I've missed FBD lately too. I call him every once in a while just to let him know we are still here. I wonder how Razor is doing with his new job.

Not as much a job as an ADVENTURE! I was slotted to attend Officer Candidate School starting May 29th (Friday?) but apparently the U.S. Army cannot decide if my hearing is good enough to stay in....It was good enough to get in 6 months ago on a waiver.

I went throughOCIP (Officer Candidate Indoctrination Program) and earned my OCS rank (it was not pretty, beach+Zodiacs+telephone poles+black-hats).....Just waiting now to get a verdict on my hearing-

Had to sell my 2M Eclipse for $ but I still have the Whiplash and Phenom ready to go!

Jamey
Old 05-29-2009, 04:03 PM
daven

They are better for day to day sight, but tracking a nelson powered plane with a slight astygmatism is watching a blob fly by instead of a plane.

I almost wrecked a friends plane last weekend, he had an inverted v-tail on a quickie with an OS .46 (maybe 125mph) made the last turn to final and could have sworn the plane was upside down (the tail almost tricked me) but it was not a good feeling.

They can correct me to 20/15 and I really miss that, makes a HUGE difference racing when you can see that well.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:58 PM
vicman

Mine put me at 20/20. The guy doing my follow up last year said I should write a letter.

Of course I'm not the speedball Dave is. Lowely 160 is all I've been able to cough up to date.

Old 05-31-2009, 03:06 AM
tIANci

Oh man ,,, Cyclic is back! Heheheheehehe ... good to hear your vision is sorted out. I am 41 this year, getting long sighted but other than that with glasses its all still ver clear. I seen many who get older and cannot fly fast planes anymore. So enjoy it as much as we can whilst we still can!