Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Can this go fasssst

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Can this go fasssst

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 11:45 AM
asmund

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Can this go fasssst

I have ordered this plane: http://www.protech.be/html/t0400alphajet.html
I think I will remove those fake jet engines on each side of the fuse to make it more slippery.

I`m going with my tunedMagnum XLS .36 and a 8x8 prop which it turns at 17600 static with the stock muffler (baffle removed)
I have also ordered a purple pipe fromhttp://www.justengines.unseen.org/ andare hoping to get close to 19-20 000 rpm static on that prop.

Anyone have any idea of what speed I can possibly reach once this arrives at my door and have been assembled??

Old 06-06-2009, 11:27 AM
zero-cool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Can this go fasssst

I like that jet.looks like fun.how much did it cost?I would like to get one and put in a sj 46 i have lying around.
Old 06-06-2009, 11:50 AM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Looks very cool!
I wonder what they are thinking when it comes to those "buckets" hanging off each side? Getting rid of them will improve the plane's looks.
I'll bet this plane gets into the 130s with the .36.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:54 PM
smoknrv4
My Feedback: (11)

I like that thing except for the fake intakes for sure, should see if they come off, I bet it looks just as good without them and cleaner airframe also.
Old 06-06-2009, 02:51 PM
mk1spitfire

Yer those fake intakes will induce huge drag. A hot weston 36v1 will light it up
Old 06-06-2009, 04:57 PM
asmund

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ahhh, finally some response to this thread, thanks guysI had great hopes for this little cute jet, but sadly my LHS just informed me that they would refund my money (about120$ worth of Norwegian currency) because they was sold out on this one, aaaaargh!!
I had high hopes for this one and tried to find anything about it on the web, but came up with nothing at all. It must be a very rare plane I guess and maybe Protech isn`t too big out there??

I searched high and low for a replacement for my 36 engine and finally discovered the Weston mini tigershark fromhere: http://www.sussex-model-centre.co.uk...d.asp?id=19028

I also ordered the Weston MagnumR since the shipping I had to pay for the first plane also covered for another one.

My tuned ASP XLS 36 turns an 8x8 at 17600 rpm static on the stock muffler (baffle removed) But I have also ordered a purple pipe for it, so I hope to get closer to19 000 rpm once it has been tuned to length.

The Magnum will carry a greatly modded and tuned ASP XLS 52 that has actually delivered 13500 rpm on APC 13-4 (1.88 hp) and 15000 rpm on APC 12-4. I do not know if it will manage the high rpm`s I need on an 8x9 or 8x10 or the pylon props I have ordered from Towerhobbies. I have been druling over Dubb Jetts engines for quite some time now and I think that if I do not get satisfied by the XLS 52 then I must dig down into my wallet and fork out the cash for a Q500 from Jett, THAT should be great on the MagnumR

Old 06-08-2009, 02:02 PM
jaka

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi!
Why not try a Q-500 racer instead Asmund! ...And join the racing squad over here in Sweden!
Those fancy looking fake jets are just toys compared to Q-500 pylon racer!