Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

AK Models F-16 Kits now up for sale

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

AK Models F-16 Kits now up for sale

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 09:00 AM
Blade47

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AK Models F-16 Kits now up for sale

Good news for all that have been looking for the AK F-16 in a kit.

Here is the link

http://ak-models.com/mm5/merchant.mv...AKM_Laser_Kits

Cheers
Old 06-18-2009, 08:54 PM
smoknrv4
My Feedback: (11)

Default RE: AK Models F-16 Kits now up for sale

I like the flanker, but I'm not too sure about the looks of this one, theres just something I don't like about it.  My  .02
Maybe it will grow on me.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:46 AM
ser00

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi everybody,

I wonder how long it will take to get this model delivered.  I ordered two of them the very first day that they were available.  One day I was at the AK-models website, no F-16.  The next morning, I went to look at ordered an ARF and there was the F-16, available for order. Broke out the old card and ordered.  I was hoping that Alex had some pre-made already. As always, it states that it could take up to two weeks for the plane to be shipped.  I hope not. Hi Blade47, do you think that the F-16 will fly well with a OS 61FX with standard muffler? I do not like to peak my engines for max performance (I like a tad bit rich for longer life). I can hit 12500 rmps with an APC 11x6 sports prop on my 55ax on my ultrasport 40. Do you think that would be enough? Hey Smokenrv4, what is that certain something that you do not like about the kit? I do agree that the SU-27 is a beautiful plane (I have two of those kits to build - so many kits, so little time). The F-16 looks very scale.  I am wondering what scheme I will do the plane in.  Maybe Thunderbirds (I know, not very original) or maybe like the YF-16 prototype (a little less original).

Happy flying and soft landings!
Old 06-19-2009, 12:27 PM
smoknrv4

I guess it had full flying stabilators and no engine hanging out the front it might not  look so bad, I know its a prop jet, but the f-16 just doesn't look like a jet that should have an engine hanging out the front of it.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:10 PM
ser00

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Smoknrv4,

Yes, I do agree with you about the engine hanging out.  I guess that is the small price we have to pay to have these affordable "jets".  But, if you fly really fast, its hard to see the engine .  It would be nice to have a flying stabilator for the F-16 (also the SU-27 too), but maybe one day when my modeling skills get better and I can turn a kit out in 2 months time, then I might experiment.  I also have two SU-27 flanker kits.  When I start to build that plane, I am going to convert it into a SU-35 with the canards (already have the parts drawn up).  They will be static at the moment but it would be nice to mix them with the elevators and put a gyro for high alpha flight.

Happy flying and soft landings!

Old 06-19-2009, 02:27 PM
smoknrv4

The su-35 conversion sounds cool, I like that Idea, I don't plan on building my su til the fall.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:01 PM
YUKONFLYR

ORIGINAL: smoknrv4

I guess it had full flying stabilators and no engine hanging out the front it might not look sobad, I know its a prop jet, but the f-16 just doesn't look like a jet that should have an engine hanging out the front of it.

The pictures do not do this plane justice! It looks much better up close and in person! And for what it is, well the alternative is a lot more complexity, and more cash, lots of cash for a turbine F-16.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:16 PM
smoknrv4

Absulutely I do agree, thats why I fly prop jets  too, I guess to see it in person would probably change my mind, hmmm maybe I should buy one?
Old 06-24-2009, 08:41 PM
f104g

ORIGINAL: smoknrv4

I like the flanker, but I'm not too sure about the looks of this one, theres just something I don't like about it. My .02
Maybe it will grow on me.
Yes, I think the "Pilot- EZ" models F-16 from sometime ago looked much better than this one. The engine was mounted inside the fuse just behind the front wheel and had a prop shaft extension to the propeller up front. Scale fidelity was therefore quite good.
Old 06-30-2009, 05:00 PM
smoknrv4

Its startin' to grow on me.[sm=72_72.gif]
Old 06-30-2009, 05:04 PM
Blade47

Your going to like it Smoke.... would love to see someone put a Jett .90 in the nose that would make it move... I had to add weight to the tail with the 55 so that would come out if a .90 was added to the front end [8D]
Old 06-30-2009, 05:23 PM
smoknrv4

I got to try the flanker out first w/ the Jett 90 I have.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:33 PM
evanspa

Well I was about to order the Flanker and I saw this thread. I too would like to know which of these kits would be better to start with? I have a 55AX that needs a home. If I build the Flanker I will have extra expense of the Motor. I may have a 75AX available, anyone fly the F-16 with the 55 or 75AX?
Old 11-28-2009, 07:17 AM
smoknrv4

I think the f-16 would do well with that 75 AX you have.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:47 PM
evanspa

Okay I just ordered the AKM F-16 for my first propjet. I just have few Q's to throw out there.....

What would be the ideal motor for this size plane? 7-8lbs. I do have a 55AX just need the Jett pipe. I could not get the 75AX

I would like to glass the plane using the MinWax Polyc method. What type of paint/Clear coat should I use? Automitve Or ? I've searched the threads for "How To" info, but don't seem to find info on the paint or is it doped?

I would like opinions on the new robart springdown/air up retracts as well. This will be my first set of phuematics. It just seems Spring air has slooooow delivery and out stock on pumps. Seems a lot of people use the Spring airs w/robart lines.

How many of these planes are out there?
Thanks ,
Patrick