Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Team Canada wins GOLD!

Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Team Canada wins GOLD!

Old 02-28-2010, 07:06 PM
smoknrv4
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Team Canada wins GOLD!

Yee hah! what a game!!!!
Old 02-28-2010, 07:19 PM
Jim_Purcha
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Team Canada wins GOLD!

Sid the Kid finally got his act together. About time. Nice way to finish. Most gold medals for host country too.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:31 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I saw a hockey game once at the Oakland Coliseum in 1973.
I blinked once and missed the whole game.....

...and PLEASE, no more women's hockey coverage....it's harder to watch that than women's basketball.

Congratulations Canada....you guys have some super athletes up there!
Old 02-28-2010, 09:32 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does it make me a bad American if I was quietly cheering for Canada? It's not like I flew an electric model or anything. [sm=what_smile.gif]
Old 02-28-2010, 09:46 PM
DeferredDefect

TEAM CANADA ! ! ! !
I think the Americans did play wonderfully - perfectly matched game.
I think it was more important for us to win hockey than anything else - can't wait for Sochi!

I must admit I was more focused on setting endpoints on my Tiger 60...
Old 02-28-2010, 09:56 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

The americans were flat in period one and two . We needed to switch from a 1-2-2 forecheck to a 2-1-2 . On the power play team canada was so aggressive that we failed to read there penality kill , all we had to do was keep to forward low and in -front to keep the D-home , we did not adjust to the game at all.

As far as team canada , I would have loved to see anyone score but crossby , in the world of hockey and behind close doors he is whimp, the great ones know he is a baby .
the NHL needs a new front man from Canada , young men who play the game have more respect for Ovechken then "sid the kid "
Danny Healy (no longer a poster boy for the NHL ) quieltly put points up every year , there are so many great hockey players (if we only talking Canada that are better representives of the true passion and testosterone needed to play this game then Sid .

I have tremendous resepct for both teams and was elated to see that my american team took the loss as serious as they did , it reinstated my belief in pro sports .
Unlike watching Donavan McNabb play the air guaitar while entering into the Dallas cowboys statium with a smile on his face yet the week before he was easily defeated by Dallas , his behavior show no passion or true love of the game .
Old 02-28-2010, 10:27 PM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't wait to see Canadian beer sales statistics for the last two weeks.. the numbers must be staggering, I know most of the residents are.

MJD
Old 02-28-2010, 10:35 PM
Flyboy76
My Feedback: (14)

ORIGINAL: LDM

The americans were flat in period one and two . We needed to switch from a 1-2-2 forecheck to a 2-1-2 . On the power play team canada was so aggressive that we failed to read there penality kill , all we had to do was keep to forward low and in -front to keep the D-home , we did not adjust to the game at all.

As far as team canada , I would have loved to see anyone score but crossby , in the world of hockey and behind close doors he is whimp, the great ones know he is a baby .
the NHL needs a new front man from Canada , young men who play the game have more respect for Ovechken then ''sid the kid ''
Danny Healy (no longer a poster boy for the NHL ) quieltly put points up every year , there are so many great hockey players (if we only talking Canada that are better representives of the true passion and testosterone needed to play this game then Sid .

I have tremendous resepct for both teams and was elated to see that my american team took the loss as serious as they did , it reinstated my belief in pro sports .
Unlike watching Donavan McNabb play the air guaitar while entering into the Dallas cowboys statium with a smile on his face yet the week before he was easily defeated by Dallas , his behavior show no passion or true love of the game .
Funny... i'd like to know your sources, Crosby, has done nothing but win at every level of the game and deals with an incredible amount of pressure while doing it?? a baby???? what a joke! youngest captain to ever win a stanley cup... ya i'm sure no one respects him.... The management of the Pens put the "C" on him for a reason... Ovechkin is a great player and leader as well..... but Crosby has to deal with the weight of expectations because he's a star... and because he's canadian...

You crosby haters make me laugh.... he'll be wearing the "C" for team canada at the next olympics!!
Old 02-28-2010, 10:37 PM
Flyboy76

On another note... i had the opportunity to watch several of the world junior games and if that tourny and the olympics are any indication USA Hockey is def. on the right track... the junior american team was a treat to watch.... fast, smart, strong, and very sound hockey... Canada will def. need to up their game to stay on top... i'd expect USA to repeat in Buffalo next year!
Old 02-28-2010, 10:41 PM
DeferredDefect

And what about that closing ceremony !? !?

Dancing lumberjacks and mounties! I can't wait to hear the next century of stereotypes!
Old 03-01-2010, 05:49 AM
LDM

My source , how about real hockey player at the X-camp at Golds Gym in southern cal . I dont want to embarass you or the real NHL players .Trust me this is not about Canada , I love Canada , been there many times for hockey at all levels with US teams .
The game is played with heart and soul , look at Ryan Walters , follow his story of pain and injury up to the cup and look at Crossby sitting out shifts in 2009 because he leg was hurt in the Stanley Cup final , this is not opinion its fact .
Hockey players are a differant breed , true hockey player play the game uncomforable all the time , I dont see that in Sid , he is a natural gifted player , probably one of the top 5 in the NHL at this time , all I am saying is I think he 100% the wrong poster boy for a game that is played with so much more true grit then he is willing to give

Flyboy , congrats on your comments , the world juniors are the future , and its very promising . The USA has figured that part out and has matched Canada ensuring that most of the players hit one simple critera first , birth years in the months of Jan , Feb , March lol , a simple critera but an important one
Old 03-01-2010, 05:53 AM
LDM

Oh by the way , I am not a Crosby hater , I am simply more passionate about hockey and like to see its leaders match that passion .
Pittsburg put a C on his jershey because the club that was almost bankrupt and out of business needed a premere young player to get fans into the seats , exact same model for JT in Chicago , and great example in Chicago of not only turning the club around but being a fantastic player while being very gritty and truely representing the game
Old 03-01-2010, 12:01 PM
daven

the 30 minute break to Zamboni the ice took the wind out of the US sails.

Had they gone right to OT after the last minute goal, I think it would have ended differntly.

You could see the difference in talent 4 on 4, without the momentum after that goal, it was just a matter of time.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:06 PM
Flyboy76

as far as the NHL is concerned he's the right poster boy... reason being is that they'll never have to worry about him making a statement off the cuff... he carries himself like a pro all the time and while his interviews are never entertaining they (the NHL) never have to worry about him pulling an Avery...

I worked with a gentleman who's son had the chance to play with pittsburgh 2 years ago, and got to golf with his son last summer. He told me that Crosby was an awesome guy in the room and a comsumate leader... that is what i'm basing my opinion on. You were told something else by another player... so there it is... we each have our own opinion... neither formed from a first hand experience either.

On the Jonathon Toews comment i couldn't agree more, Jordan Hendry is from my hometown Nokomis (plays D in Chicago) and i work with his older brother... we got to meet Toews after the game they played in Edmonton in Jan. we were chatting with Jordan after the game and Toews walked by and stopped to visit.. what a nice guy, down to earth and very friendly to.... his work ethic is amazing, and he could very well wear the C at the next olympics to.

Geoff
Old 03-01-2010, 12:11 PM
Flyboy76

My source , how about real hockey player at the X-camp at Golds Gym in southern cal . I dont want to embarass you or the real NHL players .Trust me this is not about Canada , I love Canada , been there many times for hockey at all levels with US teams .
The game is played with heart and soul , look at Ryan Walters , follow his story of pain and injury up to the cup and look at Crossby sitting out shifts in 2009 because he leg was hurt in the Stanley Cup final , this is not opinion its fact .
Hockey players are a differant breed , true hockey player play the game uncomforable all the time , I dont see that in Sid , he is a natural gifted player , probably one of the top 5 in the NHL at this time , all I am saying is I think he 100% the wrong poster boy for a game that is played with so much more true grit then he is willing to give

Flyboy , congrats on your comments , the world juniors are the future , and its very promising . The USA has figured that part out and has matched Canada ensuring that most of the players hit one simple critera first , birth years in the months of Jan , Feb , March lol , a simple critera but an important one

so true about the birth months to... they mentioned that several times over the tournament... Canada needed faster defence and they could have won gold... the USA gave them fits all game long with their quick transition. I knew Canada was in trouble in OT ... to much room for the americans speedy forwards. I was at that game and when Eberle scored to tie it the place went bezerk!! When the US scored in OT it was like someone flipped a switch! Fowler and Stepan dominant that whole game for the US.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:57 PM
Jim_Purcha
My Feedback: (8)

Old 03-01-2010, 10:07 PM
LDM

Nice to talk hockey with you , I often tell the boys I coach , the reason why the Caps wont win a cup is Ovetchen is a great player , Crosby is a great team player .
I respect his ability to see the ice and make the play , I often compare the two and watch the weekly highlights , so many goal that O scores were two on ones and the pass option was there . I still think he is greatest individual player since 99 but that is another story .
I watched Towes in ND , my friends are ice hockeu alumni from MN , so you can imagine the fun competition .

I know Sid is a great person , no doubt , but to be honest most hockey players are , I have had the pleasure of never meeting anyone of them that was not first class .
Even the crazys from the 70ties like Schultz were fun off ice , still crazy but fun .

I know he is also differant , all I am saying look at the hard core player and what they give to play , Look at Lindros , and the amount of concussion he took , look at Jereny Roanik , broker his jaw , again look up the story of Ryan Walters a great Candian and great person , his Stanley cup story is incredible .

Look at the great one , giving up money when he went to LA so that they could keep better players and stay under the cap , never been done and never will happen again

I think our Junior Programs will be strong , the numbers of players coming up are very high and USA hockey is determined to increase the numbers in the Pros
Old 03-01-2010, 10:15 PM
combatpigg

Once this latest generation of obese, blubberbutt Nintendo babies comes of age to sire children of their own, 99.9% of pro athletes in the USA will be imported.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:30 AM
LDM

lol , well perhaps , there is also there super athlete that is being developed , camps , training , multi sports ect , so there not all sitting on the on the tube , bigger problem is burnout at 16 , tripple A , has them playing 7 days a week !!!!
Old 03-02-2010, 09:00 AM
MJD

If the measure of someone's grit is the size of the orbital ridge of their forehead and the scars on their knuckles from dragging in the dirt to the ground, then I guess Crosby fails on those accounts. He smartly whistled a wrist shot past Hiller in the shooutout to move the team on, and scored the game winner in OT after a brutal hip check earlier in the game.. all under about 8 trillion watchful eyes. What else is he supposed to do to prove himself as a real hockey player I wonder.. sounds like sour grapes to me.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:48 AM
combatpigg

Anyone who wants to get hyper-critical about what any of these elite athletes do or don't do on the field should suit up and show us all how it should be done.

Either suit up, or shut up........
Old 03-02-2010, 01:11 PM
MJD

ORIGINAL: combatpigg

Anyone who wants to get hyper-critical about what any of these elite athletes do or don't do on the field should suit up and show us all how it should be done.

Either suit up, or shut up........
Yep. Bench racing, bench coaching, it's all the same [sm=redface.gif]... the proof is in the pudding.

Way cool! The phone just rang, it was Ron Young telling me one of my Conquests is on the way home. Now to set up camp by the mailbox... [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]

Old 03-02-2010, 01:57 PM
wildnloose

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

sounds like sour grapes to me
No sour grapes....some of are still Po'd about the loss. Give it some time. I don't watch Hockey, but I do watch the Olympics, and it was a great game (well, except the loss). And still, I need at least another week to cool off.....[:@]
Old 03-02-2010, 02:23 PM
Tjettzky

ORIGINAL: MJD
He smartly whistled a wrist shot past Hiller in the shooutout to move the team on
I don't like that rule for the Olympic Shootout. The one about letting the same guy go over and over and over. It's more fun when the stars can't score and you're dipping into the 3rd line guys and 2nd line defensemen for the shootout. That adds Drama, not Crosby or Ovechkin getting 5 cracks at it.

I'm not a Cindy hater, I understand that he's an immense talent and a pretty good leader, but down here in the states we're just a little sick of him being jammed down our throats. All last year Versus and NBC showed Pittsburg and Crosby highlights, as though they forgot that Detroit won the Stanley Cup and players like Ryan Miller, Lecavalier, Zetterberg, Datsyuk and Selanne exist. Kane and Toewes in Chicago (sucks) are fantastic talents and have countless highlight film goals that would make for great commercials/promos, but they are ignored. Of the 4 NBC "Games of the Week" leading up to the Olympics, 3 of them had Cindy and the Pens. So perhaps we think we hate Crosby, but it's more that we're just tired of seeing him ALL THE TIME. As a Red Wing fan I'll not bring up the blatant Officiating bias during the last Stanley Cup Finals and the lack of Suspensions handed out to certain Penguin players after Game 2, and how giddy Gary Buttman looked when the Pens "won" The Cup...

Oh, yeah, Fantastic Tournament with an excellent game to finish it off. I am sad we couldn't pull it off, but I'm glad that my boy-hood hero Steve Yzerman won't get tarred and feathered... I also appreciate the officials letting the teams play the Gold Medal Game. I doubt the Bronze Medal game went 5-on-5 for more than a minute straight...
Old 03-02-2010, 02:28 PM
Flyboy76

Nice to talk hockey with you , I often tell the boys I coach , the reason why the Caps wont win a cup is Ovetchen is a great player , Crosby is a great team player .
I respect his ability to see the ice and make the play , I often compare the two and watch the weekly highlights , so many goal that O scores were two on ones and the pass option was there . I still think he is greatest individual player since 99 but that is another story .
I watched Towes in ND , my friends are ice hockeu alumni from MN , so you can imagine the fun competition .

I know Sid is a great person , no doubt , but to be honest most hockey players are , I have had the pleasure of never meeting anyone of them that was not first class .
Even the crazys from the 70ties like Schultz were fun off ice , still crazy but fun .

I know he is also differant , all I am saying look at the hard core player and what they give to play , Look at Lindros , and the amount of concussion he took , look at Jereny Roanik , broker his jaw , again look up the story of Ryan Walters a great Candian and great person , his Stanley cup story is incredible .

Look at the great one , giving up money when he went to LA so that they could keep better players and stay under the cap , never been done and never will happen again

I think our Junior Programs will be strong , the numbers of players coming up are very high and USA hockey is determined to increase the numbers in the Pros

I agree with you on Ovie as well... he shoots more than anyone in the NHL no wonder he's always near the top in goals..... however i do believe that he is already evolving as a player and he wants to win so bad he'll change what he has to in order to get the cup. As for Lindros.... well i don't hold him in very high regard at all... always a me first player, wouldn't play for the Nordiques (yes i know his dad was part of that) then all the crap he stirred up in Philly with other players wives... In my opinion his best days were when he was in junior and not drawing a big paycheck!! JR on the other hand is a riot!! never know what he's going to say!! I did look up the Ryan Walters story.... very compelling!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.