Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

DD throws

Old 07-08-2009, 11:00 PM
69 roadrunner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DD throws

Guys want to madian this weekand dont know what kind of throws and expo anyhelp thanks the RoadRunner. P.S what is the best balance post.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:55 AM
freakingfast
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: DD throws

Stick with the factory suggestions, at least to start with.
Remember, if it starts to get squirrely, get off the throttle!

Stock Diamond Dust:
http://www.diamonddustrc.com/Diamond...26-2009-01.pdf

Diamond Dust CW:
http://www.diamonddustrc.com/Diamond...26-2009-01.pdf
Old 07-09-2009, 06:45 AM
Wiggy

Default RE: DD throws

69 RR,

The C/G should be on the front spar (carbon tube) or close to it. If you are using a 32 class engine you will put the battery behind the servos to balance. With a heavier engine you may need to put the pack behind the rear spar so plan ahead.

Set your throws at factory specs and fly it. This model is well planned and it will fly wonderfully when set up as the plans call for. You can then adjust to suit your taste. I set mine for all the aileron I can get and about 50% elevator. I use 80% expo with only one rate. Dual rates are a problem for me since the switch seems to be in the wrong position at all times. I have flown these for years and trained myself to use some discipline with the sticks. Too much elevator can spell disaster! If I use full elevator and aileron the elevons actually touch the fins.

Wiggy