Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Tuned piped OS 75AX

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Tuned piped OS 75AX

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 12:32 PM
JS615

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuned piped OS 75AX

Would there be alot more power out of a 2 Stroke OS 75AX with a Tuned pipe setup??????? i am thinking of trying it on a Kyosho Kelly F1, This engine runs very well with the stock muffler, but if i could really get alot more power with a piped setup i would spend the money. I just hate to spend the cash on something thats not going to add much power.
Any ideas??????????
Old 07-28-2009, 09:00 PM
PAINLESS
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tuned piped OS 75AX

You could see a 1500 rpm or so increase with a tuned pipe. The key word here is "tuned". The length needs to be tuned to you particular set up including the prop and nitro content of your fuel and head clearance. A change in any one of these would require a change in tuned pipe length. Most tuned pipes come a little long for trimming purposes, at the input end. Your engine will use more fuel turning a higher rpm too. Most sport engines come with mild port timing and way too much head clearance for longevity reasons. You can increase exhaust duration when using a tuned pipe and see significant gains in rpm.