Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Don't let this happen to you guys!!

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Don't let this happen to you guys!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 12:09 AM
cobratraxxas69
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't let this happen to you guys!!

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/s...6-remote-beach
Old 08-01-2009, 01:54 AM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Don't let this happen to you guys!!

They will probably pass a law there requiring senior citizens to wear hockey goalie outfits and have radio beacons whenever going outside.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:14 AM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

What? you think they are going to let people go outside?
Old 08-01-2009, 02:46 AM
combatpigg

When I was a kid, California could have been considered in the top 6 wealthiest NATIONS on the Earth.

Now look at it and look at the combined mentalities that brought it down to what you have today. Our state is soon to follow suit. Half the people in the state are working for the other half who are on some kind of a free ride.

Well anyway, fly fast. If your plane isn't fast enough, malt liquor works better than nitro.
Old 08-01-2009, 04:51 PM
freakingfast

ORIGINAL: combatpigg

They will probably pass a law there requiring senior citizens to wear hockey goalie outfits and have radio beacons whenever going outside.
No, they'll require a permit. Remember it's California, the tax and control state.
Old 08-01-2009, 05:53 PM
combatpigg

You're right, they'll even be able to open up a new department and put someone with a useless "doctor of sociology" degree in charge. I wont point any fingers, but it wasn't the conservatives who took this great State and great place to live and ran it right into the ground.
The spoiled brat, over indulged, flower children of the 1950s and 60s came of age, took over the State government with a ton of surplus cash that peaked when Reagan was governor and have slowly but surely bankrupted a State that at one time out produced and was wealthier than the Soviet Union. Their search for Utopia ran itself dry.
I wish my Dad was still alive, just so he could see what he predicted 50 years ago has come to pass.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:31 PM
freakingfast

I think the beginning of the end started when our technology(silicon) was allowed(Clinton) to be exported for cheaper mfg costs and no environmental regulations(and bribes).

I saw this coming only 16 years ago. Your Dad...was a smart man.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:07 AM
combatpigg

Yes he was. He was part of the last "great generation". These were the guys who were tough enough to win a war, from the leadership on down. He flew 86 missions [they didn't use the term "sorties" back then] over Germany with the 405th fighter group, 8th Army Air Force in a P-47. His plane, the Sigma Nu Girl has become a cult favorite amongst some scale modelers. There is even a decal sheet available of his plane.

His generation were the ones who returned from the war and used their energy and ambition to turn not just California, but they turned the entire country into the model that the rest of the World would try to keep pace with.

As time marches on, our country will go the same route as the old Roman Empire. The toughness of the men eventually gets breeded out and what you end up with are jokers and lisping weaklings who could not lead soda through a straw.

Just look at the leadership SF had had the last 30-40 years, it's almost "cartoonish"...no it IS cartoonish. Like watching sheep getting led off to slaughter.

The average couch potato kid of today would not last 15 minutes back in 1930. Show me a weak child and I will show you an even weaker adult.
Athero-sclerosis was TOTALLY unheard of back then if you were under 40......today it is showing up in post mortems done on teenagers.

See a pattern developing?
Old 08-02-2009, 08:45 AM
freakingfast

Your father was indeed an impressive man, very few like him now.

I reference to "The fall of Rome" all the time, usually followed with "those that do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it".

"Just look at the leadership SF".....Do I have too?
Old 08-02-2009, 11:52 AM
Bob.R
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: combatpigg

Yes he was. He was part of the last ''great generation''. These were the guys who were tough enough to win a war, from the leadership on down. He flew 86 missions [they didn't use the fag term ''sorties'' back then] over Germany with the 405th fighter group, 8th Army Air Force in a P-47. His plane, the Sigma Nu Girl has become a cult favorite amongst some scale modelers. There is even a decal sheet available of his plane.
I have tremendous admiration for men like your father. When I think of what the WWII generation sacrificed and then look at the current state of affairs, I get a little nauseous.
Old 08-02-2009, 12:39 PM
combatpigg

The USA was very mixed about our involvement before Pearl Harbor. According to my Dad, he was shaving in his dorm room at Berkeley when the news of the attack was broadcast.
Within minutes of the broadcast there was a line wrapped around the block at the Alameda recruiting station with young men signing up to strike back.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:39 PM
jeffk464

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, thanks for the link.