Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Any comments on the MVVS .15 engine?

Old 06-28-2003, 02:15 AM
Bijan999
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Any comments on the MVVS .15 engine?

I'm thinking about purchasing this engine. Does anyone have any experience with this engine or this manufacturer?

Maybe I'm old school, but never heard of MVVS. Only had OS, K&B, Fox and Cox.

Thanks,
Bijan
Old 07-03-2003, 05:05 PM
Rubbie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default MVVS

The is the only manufacture I use for my 2 strokes, (I have used K+B, OS, TT and Magnum) I have never had a problem with any of their stuff. They handle no nitro to any nitro (with shims!!!) I know you are only asking for information but they are great the engine the performs well and is relativly cheap to run and maintain.

I amagine the .15 is the same as their other stuff the smallest that I have of theirs is .36 combat and it is a stump pulling monster, it is my personal opinon that it is a perfect match to the Diamond Dust.
Old 07-08-2003, 07:44 AM
Zee

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Mvvs 15 tuned pipe

Hi there,
I have a Mvvs 15 side xhaust with a tuned pipe, I took a long time to realize that it wont start without an electric starter and probably ran the motor in by flicking it with my finger.
I have it installed on a Cad Kaos which is a 65% scale version of the 60 size pattern ship. Weighs 32 oz. and goes like a rocket.
I turn an 8x6 prop on it, but it doesnt seem to be peaking yet. It is very reliable, I have not had one dead stick landing in about 10 flights, idles incredible well and yes I would purchase another one should I need to.
let me know your experience if you try one.
cheers-