Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Glassing DC F-20

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2003, 04:26 PM
Destiny-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glassing DC F-20

Hello to all fellow speed freaks,

I just got in a new Direct Connection F-20, I am looking for some feedback on glassing and Painting this plane Vs. "Monocoat"
I've read a few articals on this process and it's a bit of work but the outcome is awesome. 1/2 glass is light enough and putting a (Car like) paint job is beautiful.....Anyone seen this done or have any idea's...

Thanks
Old 06-29-2003, 05:05 PM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

Default well

First off, welcome to RCU!

The glass does turn out real nice but also makes the airframe heavy obviously-

If you are used to flying high wing-loading planes/jets you will be fine-

Great flying plane from what I understand!

What motor you gonna use?

Later,
james
Old 06-30-2003, 12:13 AM
Destiny-RCU

Default Thanks

Thank you I just found this place through a search and thought it'd be neat to talk to some people about my hobbie.

Anyway i'm installing Spring Air retracts and since the plane doesn't come with them i''m going to have to do some "Custom" work but it'll look nice....Ad of now I have a 46FX laying around with about 5 tanks worth of time on her so i'd like to put it on for the flights so I don't spend 300 bucks on a Jett 50 then the plane eats it (knock on wood) i've been doing this for a while so I have faith..lol..

i've also thought about the weight that this will add the the airframe but i've read that 1/2oz. glass with epoxy thinner than a sheet of paper (not really) won't be too much for the plane, atleast I am hoping so...I want the plane to be very fast so i'm contemplating the idea...ttyl