Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Diamond Dust with OS FX 46 question

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Diamond Dust with OS FX 46 question

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2003, 03:37 PM
Ryan Nau
My Feedback: (54)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diamond Dust with OS FX 46 question

I just put a Diamond Dust on the building board and I have an OS FX 46 with a Mac Tuned pipe for it thats going in it.
What prop should I use with that motor to give me the most speed I can get? 10x8, 11x6??? I want it to go as fast as it can with this setup. I have 25% and 40% nitro fuel I will be using with it. Also will standard servos work in this? Like Futaba 3003s? Or I have a few Hitec Torqs also. And for the thottle would a Hitec HS 81 servos work (non metal gear version) ???I will be using a Hitec 555 reciever to keep it light. Cant wait to get this rocket flying!
About how fast do you think it will go with this setup????
Thanks
Flyin Ryan
Old 08-05-2003, 03:57 PM
ChuckAuger
My Feedback: (12)

Ryan, on the prop, try a 9X8 to start with. I had a buddy with the same engine/pipe combo, he had a 9X8 on it and it fly great (well, it crashed, but the speed was nice for the flight until the crash)

Those servos should be fine for your set-up, I use HS-81's on throttles no sweat.

About the 555..make sure your TX can mix Elevons on channels 1~4 JR will, I'll have to look at my Futaba manual (my Deltas are all on a JR TX) I might be thinking of dual aileron servos instead of Elevons.
Old 08-06-2003, 03:24 AM
mumblety-peg
My Feedback: (3)

The 555 is great with the futaba 9c. U can always get an electron though. It's about the same size as the 555. Maybe lighter.
Old 08-11-2003, 01:58 AM
3D plane heli
My Feedback: (1)

Default the diamonddust

hi I fly for team diamond dust i can only give you the advise our team capt.Jeff gilbert the designer of the dust tells us.

SERVOS:never use standard servos use a servo with about 90 oz. of torque at the fastest speed you can get and never use metal gears the lash will kill you in flight it will drift to much.

MOTOR:use a motor any where from a 25 fan to a 50 dub jett with rear exhaust if at all possible it helps on the lateral bal.

PROPS:use a prop that you can get the most RPMs with a good load on the pitch side a mvvs 40 sport works well with a 8.75x7.5

ATVs & EXPO:set up the dust so when at full throttle you can do square loops without the dust trying to roll left or right.make sure when you give it full up on the bench both elvons go up in = amounts and where the stop they are at the same height and do the same for down and ailerons.expo is a big part of the control use about 70% on elevator and 80% on ailerons,it will help you when you come out of a fast roll.

my favorite dust i have is a clipped wing it is only 27 inch's across
instead of the 34 inch stock dust.i am using 4735 JRs a 6 oz. tank a 40 mvvs with a mac. pipe and a 9x 8 prop it will turn the prop loaded on the ground at about 18500 it ailerons rolls at about 4 rolls per sec.and the death dive is the best.

well i hope that helped a bit.
remember 2 things
1=with 15 ft of alt. up is always up

2=dust thy neighbor
Old 08-11-2003, 02:09 AM
SWICK
My Feedback: (4)

I have a D Dust with os46fx futaba 3004 and hitech 81 nylon gear for throttle. I would say this plane is one of the stablest planes I have flown fast and slow. I started with a Macs short pipe (black one) with a 9x8 prop it turned about 15,111 rpm clocked at 131.6 mph. I have now put a header and pipe gained a little over 1,100 rpm have not been able to clock it yet. Can say it is some what faster and meaner. Launch is easy and landings are a breeze. Awesome plane to have and fly, sure does draw attention.

shane
Old 08-11-2003, 05:23 PM
Dustflyer
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OS 46FX

The APC 9X8 is the prop to use with the 46FX.

If you just plan on tooling around nice and easy your 3003's will probably work. If you think you may be trying full throttle dives with 90 degree turns and whatnot I would consider something stronger, maybe 9202's at the very least.