Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

100 mph foamy for around 100 bucks.

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

100 mph foamy for around 100 bucks.

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 10:37 PM
RSOSKE2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 100 mph foamy for around 100 bucks.

I went a a mission to put together a foamy for this kids or at least thats what I told my wife for around a hundred bucks. Started out with a miglet/ xpd-8 30.00 bucks on ebay. didnt like that brushed motor so .99 cents for a 2627 outrunner 5000kv plus shipping 7 bucks for 8 dollars total. looked in my box and no servos back to ebay and 1.99 and shipping 10.00 bucks got me 2 cheap tower pro servos 9g. I knew there wasnt a lot of room in the foamy so got two lipo batteries one is a 3 cell 1000 mah and the other was a 4 cell 1250 mah. The last thing I needed was a radio and high end wasnt a option as I wanted to keep the cost down so took a trip to hobby people and you would not beleive what I got. 15.00 for a 3 channel focus 3 AM that right AM radio complete. Well I got it together now and been flying it for a month, I had to cut the canopy to fit every thing in it but I was suprised. 3 cell lipo gives unlimited vertical with no hesitation at all. The plane is small so I have to keep it in close. I did try the 4 cell on the motor and I did not burn it up was using it as burst only and did crack a wing in a roll at full throttle. 3 cells on this motor is pulling only 15 amps so I am happy. Flight times are not long at all 4 minutes 5 if I go easy. Kids are happy (LOL)
Old 12-26-2009, 10:43 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: 100 mph foamy for around 100 bucks.

That's outstanding! As my Dad would say.....you do know the value of a dollar.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:02 PM
RSOSKE2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 100 mph foamy for around 100 bucks.

Thanks, It was just something I wanted to try and all it took was a little patients to get the items at the price I wanted. I would have done a differant plane but the wife was a little upset at me taking a 1970 hp .61 and having it rebuilt and rebuilt to the extreme of 350 plus dollars. Yeah I know thats alot but she did tell me to do it she just didnt ask how much. Had pistons and other items cermic coated and ceramic bearing titanium wrist pin and the such. Glad she isnt all about MONEY LOL