Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

WESTON MAGNUM MANUAL OR PICS/INFO

Old 01-04-2010, 10:13 PM
mshay
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default WESTON MAGNUM MANUAL OR PICS/INFO

LOOKING FOR SPECS ON THE MAGNUM, WINGSPAN, FORWARD AND AFT AND THE THICKNESS OF THE WINGS AND VERTICAL STAB, WOULD BE HELPFUL TO GET PICS AND A MANUAL DOWNLOADED, I AM BUILDING MY OWN VERSION OF THE MAGNUM WHICH WILL HOUSE A .75 AND JUST NEED A LITTLE INFO
Old 01-05-2010, 01:29 AM
Sessholvlaru

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: WESTON MAGNUM MANUAL OR PICS/INFO

I have one, my thread is part-way down this section (Weston Magnum w/ Q40 Nelson...195-ish one) with plenty of pictures and video. First off, you are going to have major c.g. issues with a motor that large. They come in rather nose heavy with a full bodied 50 on the nose, I have a Q40 Nelson on mine. I'm looking at my manual right now but I don't know of one available online. The wingspan is 34.45 inches. The manual states the aft-most recommended c.g. as 5.1 inches. Mine is set around 7 and I only got that because the Nelson is so light. I'm tickling 200, best of luck. -Chris
Old 01-05-2010, 06:56 PM
mshay
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: WESTON MAGNUM MANUAL OR PICS/INFO

thanks for the info that will give me some direction on how i need to go about building this plane. i want a magnum but think i will try to build something like it or close to it, need a project and need to try out my building skills. which i dont really think i have much of. however the retracts i "engineered" for my f-22 are operational, just need to finish covering it, which my skills there are lacking alot.

thanks for the help i will post pictures on the build once i get started. and maybe it will actually fly.