Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

9x10 carbon props for speed freaks

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

9x10 carbon props for speed freaks

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 03:47 PM
SpeedBoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 9x10 carbon props for speed freaks

ORIGINAL: MJD

ORIGINAL: SpeedBoy

OK thanks guys.
After the engine arrives to my home I'll do that.

This is the engine I won ( any clue guys ??? ) , I hope it be the one with highest exhaust timing , if not .... well what else .
I think that is the pattern engine.

Here are pictures of the Picco .60 speed, and .65 ducted fan engines: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=5232744
Thanks for the link MJD

I sent a message with a pic to a guy , to see if mine is the same as the one he has ( I saw it in another thread ) and he said is exactly the same engine and that his is turning at 22,000rpm with a 10x6 APC ( rich on the ground) , I don't know if is the pattern or the speed one , but if is true , working at those rpm I think would be good for my project.

The hole of the carb measures 15mm on the top.

Lets see how it works .....

Old 02-02-2011, 05:12 PM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like it will wind up then. I have no idea if Picco made a high timed front intake .60, I'd expect such an engine to be rear rotary valve, but.. maybe it is.

I have to make the requisite comment about a 10" APC prop spinning at 22K. APC safe rpm limit = 190,000/diameter in inches. That situation is a prop shed waiting to happen. 10" APC props trimmed to 9" are known to fly apart at those kinds of rpm. Tell your buddy to be careful.

Or was it really spinning 22k...?

Old 02-02-2011, 06:29 PM
SpeedBoy

I really dont know if are real the rpm he said , I want to think is true as he said the plane with this engine was clocked at 200 mph and even more when he changed the prop to a 9x8.5 . He also told me that everyone on the field keeps saying is going to blow the props apart but it hasn't happened yet and that he always stand behind the engine when reving it up on the ground.

Im in the search of cf props anyway , just for in case you know.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:05 PM
Pylonracr

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I see the last entry into this thread is a couple of months old, but I would like to get on the waiting list for some of these props. I have an OS91 Ducted fan engine on a pylon racer.
Please let me know how I can obtain some of these.

Thanks
Old 04-28-2011, 02:39 PM
smoknrv4
My Feedback: (11)

I havn't been able to get a hold of Bob for a while, I think he travels a lot with his line of work.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:43 PM
Pylonracr

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Great, no super hurry. I just want to get on the list for the next batch if possible

Thanks again