Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Shrike Balance

Old 07-13-2003, 05:13 PM
Q-Ball
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shrike Balance

How did yall balance your Shrike 40. All the planes I balance on the stand at some point become neutral and will stand still on the stand when I find the perfect balance..

This Shrike will teeter either way and won't go neutral whether up side down or rite side up.I've tried both ways. I can move the battery an eighth of an inch and the plane heads the other way.The tank is m/t and the engine is an old Magnum 45 Pro (80's).It would be ok if it teeters to a point and stops, but it keeps going.
By measuring the plans the CG is near 5 3/4 from the leading edge against the fuse.Correct???

I need some advise.
Thanx..Walt
Old 07-14-2003, 01:40 AM
Rudeboy

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Shrike Balance

The CG of a plane isn't that critical.

Just try to get as close as you can, and that will by just fine then...

You won't notice a lot of difference (if any) in flying the plane with the CG 1/16th of an inch more forward or backward.

Such meticulous balancing only becomes necessary when you approach critical CG settings... the point where the plane becomes so unstable you are unable to fly it... the CG as it is on the plans won't even be near the critical (most aft) CG...