Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Ho Hum, yet another Patriot born...

Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Ho Hum, yet another Patriot born...

Old 07-11-2003, 11:58 PM
phuffstatler
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ho Hum, yet another Patriot born...

This one is the old ARF I had laying around for years. Never could get rid of it, so I built the silly thing.

Yes, I know it needs a Jett, By my little TT .46 with pipe and 30% heli fuel will haul it around pretty good....

phil in austin
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	93217_13087.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	53654  
Old 07-12-2003, 03:52 AM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

Default ?

Never could get rid of it? Man I wish I new I would have made an offer-

I had the ARF and it flew on rails, at the time I had an Irvine-53 in it and it moved pretty well-

The Piped TT should be surprising! I finally caved in and got a Jett-50 for my 2nd Patriot but only cuz I got a great deal right here on RCU-

Good luck and keep us posted!
james
Old 07-13-2003, 12:04 PM
phuffstatler

Test flew it yesterday afternoon. Got about 5 flights on it. Wow, as quick as I remember for the the days of old. It seemed smaller and faster than it used to, then another fellow said I was just getting older...

With a 10x8 prop on the TT .46 with the pre-tuned Macs pipe, and 30% Wildcat heli fuel, I just richened up the upper end, and flew the snot out of it. Very low idle, and would scream at the top. Gotta love it. I still need to tach it. Worked super well, at half the price of the Jett. Not the fastest airplane in town, probably, but it sure impressed me and most of the guys sitting around yesterday. It's plenty fast enough for Saturday piddling in wierd/high winds, which is what I wanted...

phil in austin
Old 07-17-2003, 01:18 AM
Flyboy Dave
My Feedback: (21)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default phil in austin....

....just what the Doctor ordered, man....

....fly the snot out of that sucker....
Old 07-17-2003, 10:30 AM
phuffstatler

Oh, I am, I am. Flew almost the whole gallon of Wildcat out on Saturday and Sunday. Those guys (local club) aren't used to 1000 ft. loops and cubans, and I had the thing down 3 ft. off the deck from a 1000 ft. dive a dozen times. They wouldn't holler, "Lower!" anymore, and I took care of the "Inverted!" calls too. Gotta love that design, it flies so easy and well, and it makes you look so good, like you really know what you're doing...

That little TT tached 14.2K on the ground, not sure what it's unloading to in the air, but it picks up quite a bit on the down lines...

The first few landings rolled off into the grass (It HAD been a while) but I've got it now. Had one dead stick while waiting on another guy to land, and squeaked it down right in front of me (thank goodness for all that speed).

Anyway, it's a real joy!

phil in austin