Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Eurofighter 90 with novarossi .20.........flew and crashed

Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Eurofighter 90 with novarossi .20.........flew and crashed

Old 07-23-2003, 02:35 PM
Stuntpiloot

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Eurofighter 90 with novarossi .20.........flew and crashed

Since I had some difficlty mounting the GRRT on my ninja (the pipe has to go straight though the wing) I decided to fix the old eurofighter first to have some speed during these days of good weather

Tuesday evening I flew the new configuration of my eurofighter (for as much as you can still call it that after the nose was sawed off )

The hand launch was OK, it didn't loose height......
The plane was very hard to see (70cm wingspan = apx 27.5") at large distance. The tuned pipe was mounted with a little angle causing some side error. but every thing looked OK.
The speed was not what I expected from a 7x7 prop but still reasonable high.
After a few rounds I closed on the throttle and then I remembered that this little devil is a flying brick!!! even with 1cm up elevator the agle of descent was apx 45 degrees ........
When I picked up on the engine and wanted to turn I realized I did not have enough elevator to save it, and I shut the engine.... I tried to put it on top of a corn field, but I crached just behind it

Damage: The vertical fin was completely off, and the engine mount broke off........

So up to the attic again Now let's put this engine on my old wonder....that little one does glide ..... I'll give a flight report later
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	95795_37667.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	54917  
Old 07-23-2003, 03:49 PM
Rudeboy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Dang... that's a pity... it looks (looked) cool... too bad you had to saw the plane in half

OTOH... that thing just looks plain nose heavy... where did you put the CG? If a plane sinks like that your CG must be way forward...

Try to cowl things up a little when you rebuild it... that should give you a couple more MPH on the tiny 7x7...

What rpm do you get on a 7x7 with that expensive Novarossi? I think you need a smaller prop on this engine... try a 7x6 APC slim blade or a 6.5x6.5 maybe... but then you might loose too much thrust...
Old 07-24-2003, 04:02 PM
Windwalker
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Eurofighter/Novarossi

Expensive? If that's the SE Novarossi .21 I'm looking at, they sell for $80 US with a muffler included-not a bad deal
WW
Old 07-24-2003, 04:11 PM
Rudeboy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

That's the older model I think... the last I heard was that the new model costs like 250$ or something... and no muffler... and it is ported for 30000+ rpm so a muffler would kill it...