Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Patriot POWER!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2003, 05:43 PM
ewspears
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Patriot POWER!

I just finished setting up my Jett BSE 90 FIRE. Running it static with Macs #1190 Tuned Pipe on my PSP Test Stand (Great test stand ) Engine has been modded lightly. Fuel used 20% Omega.
Ambient 88 degrees, 90% Humidity at 70ft elev.

APC 10X8 = 18210 RPM, Pipe at 17.0"
RevUp 11X7 = 17310 RPM, Pipe at 17.25

These are stock uncut props. I expect to be able to bump those numbers by about 250 RPM with 30% Nitro! Pipe dimensions are from glow plug to end of converging cone.

I plan to mount engine upright in Patriot and run pipe in a fuse channel. Won't win any scale madel contests; BUT IT SURE SHOULD BE FAST!!!!

By the way, This is the very same engine that MGlavin thinks would be outrun by YS 110
Old 08-22-2003, 06:57 PM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

Default scale?

Dont worry- the Patriot is not scale anyways...

Just when I get a Jett-50 in my Patriot y'all have to upgrade like this?

We need pics-

YS-110? aren't those 4 strokes used for torque? Not speed-
Old 08-22-2003, 08:25 PM
ewspears

Default Patriot POWER!

Razor
Right now all I could send is a photo of Jett on test stand. I like tuning and setting up the Engine and pipe combo even more than building so that's what I do first.

Trouble is; I've got a dozen Engine/Pipe combos that are all set up for an airplane that's still in the box.
Old 08-22-2003, 10:37 PM
Rubbie

Default WOW

18210!!!!!!

I have a patriot with a MVVS .49 ready to go and I just got the engine off the stand spinning about 14k with 15% Nitro and a 10x8 apc. Funny thing is that I expect outstanding results with that combo???? This was the same setup as I had in Patriot #2 and it was great. I am obviously in the wrong league, man I feel very very small.

You Rock
Old 08-22-2003, 11:55 PM
Razor-RCU

Default no-

Rubbie- The MVVS-49 is supposed to be a " screamer "- I am sure that will be a great set-up and if you ran that combo already then you know what to expect-

I have run Patriots with:

ASP-46
Irvine-53
&
Jett-50

All of them flew great (even the ASP-) but the Jett-50 moves out REAL well-

Ewspears is an engine guru! I am not good at "altering" engines and combos... I am just lucky to tune them ok-

Keep us posted!

james
Old 08-23-2003, 12:44 AM
Q-Ball
My Feedback: (1)

Default Razor

I noticed you said that you used the Irvine 53 in a Patriot. What did you think of it??

The reason I ask is that everyone I know gets a Patriot because it's a fast plane and the Irvine 53 I've had for bout two years ain't fast in nothing. Don't get me wrong,I love the Irvine,a fine powerhouse with torque,but speed??? None>>>> If you can tell me what to do to make this 53 faster,I'll do it. I've used different props,the last being a 10X7,10X9,10X5,10X6,11X7,11X5,12X6. A couple of months ago a guy said if I put a 12X6 on the 53 in an Aresti,it would be scary...I did it and scary??? I don't think so. Too slow...I haven't been brave enough to go the 9X8 or any of the 9 inchers mainly because I've heard the Irvine would rather throw a large prop and I don't want to hurt the engine...
I sold the Aresti that it was in today so the engine is doing nothing rite now but will certainly put it in something but hopefully there's a way to make it faster.If I want fast,I go to Rossi or MVVS.Can't afford the high dollar screamers.

Thanx for the ear..
WAlt
Old 08-23-2003, 01:00 AM
ChuckAuger

Default Patriot POWER!

Well try a 9X9 or something...I'd think it'd turn about the same as the 10X7 or 8. With an Ultrathrust muffler my 53 turns a 12X4 in the 15.5K range, it seems happy. I run a 12.25X3.75 for a little more load, but I don't think you'll hurt it running 15.5K ~ 16K, so even a 9X8 might be good.
Old 08-23-2003, 02:05 AM
Razor-RCU

Default Yup Chuck-

I ran a 9x8 APC and it screamed like it was designed for that small prop. I don't follow directions well-

My Irvine-53 has flown in 2 Patriots, a US-40, my H9 Cap 232 and a SIG SE. I have used from a 9x8 > 13x6 with great results!

It is simply one of the finest and MOST VERSATILE engines I have ever owned... and I have Rossi's, YS's and a Jett

Run what you got! That is what I say- and I love it when somethin' works great and all the RCU geeks swore it wouldn't :stupid:

My goal is to "test more and post less"